ak vs ar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > ak vs ar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ak vs ar

what is more accurate AK or AR, why?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #2

ar hands down is more accurate

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ak Vs Ar

Hello all/Responce to Striker and HK Big Daddy

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

Yes, I totaly agree with H&K Big Daddy, for accuracy, the AR wins hands down! Thats due to tighter tollerences, a better made, better barrel, and components! As for folks talking about shooting out to 500 yards and killing it? Thats another Matter alltogether! Unless your talking punching holes in a paper target, forget that!

The AK will never beat the AR as far as being as accurate, but more than makes up for it in Reliability, resistenance to envornment, and lack of knowledge by users! Com-Bloc designs favor long term use and you can still see models of the AK-47 left over for early 50's in many countries and still rocking! I've seen some M-16A1's recovered in Peru, that the "Shinning path" had gotten on the Black market, these were Military Captured M16's From Viet Nam period and were sad loking and working! Many had anodizing worn through the finish, many did not still Function! Same lot of weapons had M-60 Light machine Guns, sadder condition still! In that same lot, wwre RPK, and RPD Machine guys, rusty as hell, worse for wear, but cleaned up, painted and re-issued to Poilce Units that next day! Big difference in what will last, what will be around and what stands the long test of time inthe field?

Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post

Yes, I totaly agree with H&K Big Daddy, for accuracy, the AR wins hands down! Thats due to tighter tollerences, a better made, better barrel, and components! As for folks talking about shooting out to 500 yards and killing it? Thats another Matter alltogether! Unless your talking punching holes in a paper target, forget that!

The AK will never beat the AR as far as being as accurate, but more than makes up for it in Reliability, resistenance to envornment, and lack of knowledge by users! Com-Bloc designs favor long term use and you can still see models of the AK-47 left over for early 50's in many countries and still rocking!
+1 ........

Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #5

The Les Baer equipped sniper teams are making kills to 600 yards with the 223's and the black hills heavy match ammo...will shoot under 3 inches at that distance.

It can be done with precision rifles and ammo.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ak Vs Ar

Hello all/Responce to DGunsmith

Ron L = SERESURPLUS

Yes, 600 Yards, custom gun, Custom Ammo, thats not what the average AR is nor what an Average AK is? It's comparing Porche to Yugo's? Show me 5 Folks in the US Military that can use an M-16 and het someone at 500 yanrds and kill them? Remember, I compeated with an M-1A, and I remember all the "STORIES" just never saw it done, by HUMANS!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Ultimately, they both have the same accuracy, if you take the nut behind the trigger out of the equation.

The AR lends itself to more accuracy from the shooter's standpoint because of a superior design of the sights...

Old 05-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

The AK will never beat the AR as far as being as accurate, but more than makes up for it in Reliability, resistenance to envornment, and lack of knowledge by users! Com-Bloc designs favor long term use and you can still see models of the AK-47 left over for early 50's in many countries and still rocking! I've seen some M-16A1's recovered in Peru, that the "Shinning path" had gotten on the Black market, these were Military Captured M16's From Viet Nam period and were sad loking and working! Many had anodizing worn through the finish, many did not still Function! Same lot of weapons had M-60 Light machine Guns, sadder condition still! In that same lot, wwre RPK, and RPD Machine guys, rusty as hell, worse for wear, but cleaned up, painted and re-issued to Poilce Units that next day! Big difference in what will last, what will be around and what stands the long test of time inthe field?
That pretty much answers your question.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Hello all/Responce to DGunsmith

Ron L = SERESURPLUS

Yes, 600 Yards, custom gun, Custom Ammo, thats not what the average AR is nor what an Average AK is? It's comparing Porche to Yugo's? Show me 5 Folks in the US Military that can use an M-16 and het someone at 500 yanrds and kill them? Remember, I compeated with an M-1A, and I remember all the "STORIES" just never saw it done, by HUMANS!
Qualification at Parris Is. MCRD with standard issue M-16 A4 is 500 yd hits to a 24" target area....that's a kill or at least a severe wound, and they do graduate more than 5 Marines every 3 months...let's see an AK47, AK-74, or RPK do that!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-25-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ar Vs Ar

HELLO ALL/RESPONCE TO RL357

Ron L = SERESURPLUS

Thats what I'm Talking about, Shooting at Oversized targets, with Rifles at Prone Position, with Paper as a Target? A Far Cry from Combat and Custom Loads, with Custom Rifles is not whats happening in the "REAL WORLD"! If you like the design of the AR-15/M-16 and all GREAT, but trying to make it into a 500 yard and beyond death ray, is Just SILLY! Most folks don't shoot past 400 yard reliably hitting anything, and in "COMBAT" life blurs the sites a tad? I won't makes claims the AK can't hold if you won't hold the AR up as some sort of perfect weapon, OK? Both have thier UP's and down and it pays to remember that?