Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK or AR

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

He may have meant the lack of supercheap surplus ammo or Wolf Russian ammo. It's fine for plinking in x39.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #22

Ok, first jsdenson07, Semper Fi. Thank everyone for the input. One of my friends mentioned that with buying a good AR with an optic(yes we already established i can shoot with iron sights but i want an optic) i should spend around $2,000. is that a reasonable price

Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A very high quality AR can be had for $900-$1000 (Colt, BCM) and a H1 w/ mount for around $700.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

$2000? Just get a M1A1, a nice one. Heck, $2000 would at least have me looking at AR10's.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #25

If you had to use your rifle in a situation where there would be no cleaning supplies, horrid weather conditions, both wet and dry, and you were going to be in that situation for an undefined period of time and some one said "grab one of the two". Witch one would you get..... No brainer.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfirepower View Post
If you had to use your rifle in a situation where there would be no cleaning supplies, horrid weather conditions, both wet and dry, and you were going to be in that situation for an undefined period of time and some one said "grab one of the two". Witch one would you get..... No brainer.
You are correct, it's a no brainer, AR.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #27

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

You are correct, it's a no brainer, AR.
C'mon now mj I know how you feel about the AR's superiority but you can't say it fills the role of working anywhere,anytime,any conditions,every time better than an AK. I thought that was the one indisputable argument for the AK.

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #28

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

C'mon now mj I know how you feel about the AR's superiority but you can't say it fills the role of working anywhere,anytime,any conditions,every time better than an AK. I thought that was the one indisputable argument for the AK.

---Shoot To Thrill---
Yes the AK can take all weather conditions better than an AR, but how many of us will face all weather and terrain types? I suspect very few of us would.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter

Yes the AK can take all weather conditions better than an AR, but how many of us will face all weather and terrain types? I suspect very few of us would.
I don't think it would take all weather conditions to reck havoc on an ar. Just one would do. Either rain or really dry. I have used ar's in the rain and speaking from experience when I tell you that the weapon system is On delicate mother. I can imagine how much worse it would get if there was no cleaning supplies and dry. Now so everyone doesn't get me wrong I do love ar's but if **** ever hit the fan, and I mean really hit the fan. That ar is staying in the pack and I'm rolling ak.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The AK wasn't made because our soldiers can't shoot (they can in their defense), it's meant for durability not accuracy. I'm not saying they're unholy accurate because I can nail steel at 350 yards with it.

Spetsnaz for Life

Closed Thread