Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   9mm Hi-Point Carbine was a BIG let down (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/9mm-hi-point-carbine-big-let-down-70246/)

KeysKelly 08-13-2012 10:16 PM

9mm Hi-Point Carbine was a BIG let down

I had heard nothing but good about Hi-Point carbines and I came across a 9mm pretty cheap so I jumped on it. Shot it for the first time and to say it is a piece of sh*t is an insult to a sh*t. Show 100 rounds, 10 full magazines and all but one magazine had a jam. Most 10 round magazines had 3 or more jams. Very accurate when it did shoot but a 25% jam rate is un acceptable to me.

I was very let down as it is a cool little gun, cheap and nice looking but I can see it on Gun Broker very soon.

Overkill0084 08-13-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly (Post 902675)
I had heard nothing but good about Hi-Point carbines and I came across a 9mm pretty cheap so I jumped on it. Shot it for the first time and to say it is a piece of sh*t is an insult to a sh*t. Show 100 rounds, 10 full magazines and all but one magazine had a jam. Most 10 round magazines had 3 or more jams. Very accurate when it did shoot but a 25% jam rate is un acceptable to me.

I was very let down as it is a cool little gun, cheap and nice looking but I can see it on Gun Broker very soon.

"Pretty cheap" being the key thing. The guys I know that have them really like them. Before giving up on it entirely, give it a thorough cleaning and inspection. If all else fails, Hipoint reputedly has very good customer service.

Josh1158 08-13-2012 10:45 PM

Dont give up on her yet. I had similar issues at first but only when I loaded 10 rounds in the mag it worked better with 8 or 9. After some use they work better. If the top round isnt seated in the mag rite your gona have problems too. Its gota be pointing kinda upwards. I can post some pics when I get home tonight.

kycol 08-13-2012 10:54 PM

I've shot maybe 600 or 700 rounds through mine and not 1 single jam or failure. But after several rounds it does start to sting my cheek

Ranger-6 08-13-2012 11:07 PM

I'll give you $100 for it.

tacticalfun 08-13-2012 11:08 PM

Ill give you 500$ worth of hand tools.

orangello 08-13-2012 11:14 PM

Aren't those magazines subject to lip damage? I would try a second mag before selling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun (Post 902758)
Ill give you 500$ worth of hand tools.

Dude, be more specific; this is the interwebs where some people consider a dildo or a fleshlight to be a "hand tool".

KeysKelly 08-14-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 902766)
Aren't those magazines subject to lip damage? I would try a second mag before selling.

Dude, be more specific; this is the interwebs where some people consider a dildo or a fleshlight to be a "hand tool".

I have two magazines both brand new. They did seem a little tight. I am going to load 10 rounds in both of them and let them sit full for a month and see if that helps. Also oil the hell out of it.

MrWray 08-16-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084
"Pretty cheap" being the key thing. The guys I know that have them really like them. Before giving up on it entirely, give it a thorough cleaning and inspection. If all else fails, Hipoint reputedly has very good customer service.

I agree, if you contact Hi point they will make it right.

KalashnikovJosh 08-16-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 902766)

Something about someone who owns $500 bucks of that sort of "hand tools" just gives me the creeps.......