308 semi auto - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > 308 semi auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

You may also want to look at the Rock River Arms LAR-8. They come standard with the two stage National Match Trigger and ltd life time warranty. I have one of those in a 16" Barrel that is capable of 1 MOA Groups at 100 yards. I took it hunting in Texas in 2006 and shot a Buck at 100 yards he was DRT! 150 Gr. Hornady and 3.5 X 10 30mm tube Leupold VXIII Scope. A buddy of mine had a DPMS 08 that seems to be a nice rifle. I have shot it also.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #12

Also you may want to look at the Armalite AR 10 (T). I've heard some good things about them and saw one on gunbroker for $1200 used.
ArmaLite AR-10T AR 10 T 308 Rifle 24" Target Model : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Old 11-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I've sent an email to a guy who has a DSA Fal on armslist, he hasn't sent me anything back yet. I have a lead on a DPMS AR10 that sounds promising. I think I will be happy with either one. I'm trying to buy used, save a little money.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #14

anybody have any experience with the FN .308? light or heavy... im considering this one for going boar hunting.. everyone ive talked to said that one would work wonders... just wanna know peoples experiences before buying..

Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyinline View Post
anybody have any experience with the FN .308? light or heavy... im considering this one for going boar hunting.. everyone ive talked to said that one would work wonders... just wanna know peoples experiences before buying..
A FAL type FN? Or a BAR type FNAR?

I have lots of FAL experience and they are awesome. I just hate the triggers and sights.

Had a BAR and loved it, but went back to bolt action hunting rifles.

Or did mean SCAR?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
They are fine shooters... Just an ugly duckling to look at. Although reliable, you can get better accuracy with many other rifles. (I assume you are not talking about the FAL, but the FNAR .308). The heavy barrel does not buy you any additional accuracy with this rifle.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #17

yes, the FNAR .308.... ive heard a lot of reallly good things about this rifle... and i looked at it, and asked questions.. everyone tells me, this rifle would be really good for boar hunting... and as far as the sights and all that, im gonna buy me a scope for it anyways...

Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #18

Quote:
yes, the FNAR .308.... ive heard a lot of reallly good things about this rifle... and i looked at it, and asked questions.. everyone tells me, this rifle would be really good for boar hunting... and as far as the sights and all that, im gonna buy me a scope for it anyways...
Based on the well proven BAR. It is pretty expensive for a hunting rifle. Have you looked at the BAR in .308? WAY cheaper and basically the same rifle, minus the 20rd mag (that you would not use hunting anyway).

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #19

so ive decided, did my research, asked everyones opinion, and all that... i think im going with the FN heavy 2o .3o8 for boar hunting... i went and looked at one of these rifles, which was the light version, and it was really a nice gun... although it MIGHT not do an exit wound on the boars, i still believe it might kill one shot... depending on the shot placement... sooo, any questions? id love to hear opinions, or advice..

Old 11-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #20

Quote:
so ive decided, did my research, asked everyones opinion, and all that... i think im going with the FN heavy 2o .3o8 for boar hunting... i went and looked at one of these rifles, which was the light version, and it was really a nice gun... although it MIGHT not do an exit wound on the boars, i still believe it might kill one shot... depending on the shot placement... sooo, any questions? id love to hear opinions, or advice..
Use ammo loaded with Barnes Triple Shocks.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI