which 308 AR-10???? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > which 308 AR-10????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

75370 - that's amazing.
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks Gloves. It's of my "Keepers" it'll never be sold as long as I'm around.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #23

I recently picked up an Armalite Super SASS .308 and love it. I know it's a little over what you said you wanted to spend but it is an outstanding rifle. VERY accurate. It comes ready to rock. It has a 20" SS lapped barrel, very crisp 2 stage trigger, free float forfend and an adjustable gas system that is ready for a suppressor.
image-3148757854.jpg  

Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #24

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
Gloves... Ik how you feel.. I'm going to Have to wait till February for my
RRA if I order it this week... So far this is what I'm probably going to go with. The one I want is the flattop standard A4(bottom of first pic)... The upgrades are in the second pic and are the ones with the prices added. Winter guard free float tube muzzle break and a operator stock. Just got word from the store it's gunna be 1600 shipped with all upgrades and the New York compliance addon... Looks like this will be the cheapest way with the upgrades so I get the gun looking the way I want it. Just gotta slap the Nikon buckmasters 4.5-14x40mm SF i got in my room on the top and I'll be ready for zombies anyday lol...
I have the RRA Elite Operator. It shoots like a charm. Probably my favorite rifle. Very reliable. I did however go with an ERGO grip and added a forward assist grip.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #25

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

I have the RRA Elite Operator. It shoots like a charm. Probably my favorite rifle. Very reliable. I did however go with an ERGO grip and added a forward assist grip.
I think I ordered my foregrip from them too...something like graphite foregrip...

Old 11-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGuy15 View Post
I recently picked up an Armalite Super SASS .308 and love it. I know it's a little over what you said you wanted to spend but it is an outstanding rifle. VERY accurate. It comes ready to rock. It has a 20" SS lapped barrel, very crisp 2 stage trigger, free float forfend and an adjustable gas system that is ready for a suppressor.
Do the Armalites use the FAL mags like the Rock Rivers?

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Has anyone discussed the two proprietary AR-10 Platforms yet?

You either have to choose the Armalite or the DPMS. And right now they are not cross compatible.

You choose one, you have to travel that road, for the time being, by buying parts designed for that platform.

I don't expect either platform to fold and crumble into dust, but it is something to keep in mind when pricing uppers and lowers from various sites.

JD

Old 11-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Has anyone discussed the two proprietary AR-10 Platforms yet?

You either have to choose the Armalite or the DPMS. And right now they are not cross compatible.

You choose one, you have to travel that road, for the time being, by buying parts designed for that platform.

I don't expect either platform to fold and crumble into dust, but it is something to keep in mind when pricing uppers and lowers from various sites.

JD
Also worth mentioning, the DPMS platform has changed, so when buying hand guards for it, you need to make sure the hand guard you are buying is for the rifle you have. I believe all they changed was the receiver height, but it is enough to make the hand guards not compatible.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #29

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Also worth mentioning, the DPMS platform has changed, so when buying hand guards for it, you need to make sure the hand guard you are buying is for the rifle you have. I believe all they changed was the receiver height, but it is enough to make the hand guards not compatible.

-Fred
Excellent point and another reason for extensive research. Neither platform is "stable" as in finalized yet.

Armalite is closer, but that doesn't mean they will stay that way for the rest of the production years.

JD

Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #30

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Tactical guy... How much did u pay for that?? Wait time?? It's piston or impingement? It's def one of the nicer guns I've seen by far... Ohh and in new York you can't have a suppressor an a pistol grip on a semi-auto rifle... It's to "dangerous"!!!!!

Jordan... My brother in law has that gun and it's nice but really heavy... Think it's cuz of the split quad rail... He pisses me off so bad... He has the attitude that he doesn't like shooting his guns for some reason unless we r upstate doing our own thing so he's had the gun for 4 months paid 1800+ bucks with tax and has not put one round down the barrel!!!!!!! F***ing a man....

And I think most ar-10 platforms are not interchangeable cuz rra website even says that u gotta put their upper and lowers together only.. Idk about the internal parts..

Newest Threads