which 308 AR-10????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > which 308 AR-10????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default which 308 AR-10????

Hey guys ive never wanted to get a 308 AR-10 until i realized the other day that i could sell off 3 guns and spend little money to get one ordered in my name. Heres the guns im gunna sell

H&R 20ga single shot = 130
GSG Ak 47/22lr = 425 (one 10 and 24rd mag)
T/C venture 30.06 blot action 3x9 standard ret scope = 525
(about 120rds of 30.06 ammo add in for 110 bucks)

now originally i was going to hang onto the 30.06 and buy a saiga 308. however a friend now wants to but the 30.06 from me and it put into my head thats enough money for a AR-10 and i can use it hunting too!!!

so what i need help deciding is a AR-10 to buy. i have a rock river AR-15 and the upper is one heavy b***h so im thinking the same for all their guns. i do lover the two stage trigger but Ive been reading that most AR-10's are not interchangeable. is this just the internal parts or can i still slap two different upper and lowers together since they are both completes?

besides that Ive been looking into DPMS panther since they fit into my price range. i would like to stay under 1500 bucks for the gun maybe even a bit lower if i got something good. whats your guys thoughts on the better 308 Ar's out there now. oh and personally i have never really liked bushmaster. idk why it just seems like they are on the lower end of the AR todem pole.

ohh and if anyone is interested in these guns let me know and maybe we can work something out. thanks for the help boys.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #2

I have the RRA LAR-8 which is their .308 in the Predator model.

Rock River Arms: RRA LAR-8 Predator HP

The gun is heavy, but that along with the recoil spring helps to reduce felt recoil. Its a metal rifle. The gun shoots great and I really like it. Our clients get to shoot it much more than I do. Why mix parts? You can buy the RRA .308 Pedator for 1200.00. It is all American made and a great company. The gun is a solid shooter and easy to care for super accurate.

- Craig

Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #3

Craig,

Thats a sweet gun i never atually looked that up on there sight before. only kept seeing the operator series. How do you get it for only 1200 bucks?? the sight says 1500 and i live in ny so no one around here keeps these in stock laying around. does it come with a chromed line barrel or chrome bolt carrier group? i do wish it had a muzzle brake on the end of the barrel tho.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #4

Just like cars the site lists the suggested retail price. I bought mine at a hardware store and they wanted $1200.00 for it. It has a chromoly lined barrel that is cryogenically treated (that doesn't really matter to me...) Has a standard black bolt/carrier group. It really doesn't need a muzzle break. Our will get cut in the next year to fit a suppressor. NY, tough place to get guns... And even tougher to go and buy and bring back home. Place an order and wait, it is worth it.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

You may check out LWRC and Larue Tactical, they make really good .308 as well

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 AM   #6

I had to say goodbye to the thought of LWRC a long time ago. they are way to much money for me and Larue Tactical is up there with them too.

NY is a killer but its still better than CA and MA on guns so i guess it could be worse. Ive actually been looking at the standard A2 RRA more and more. its got the 20" barrel with a muzzle break and i can upgrade the for grip to the free float tube too. im sure if i call rock river from the store they would piece some things together that i like from the predator like the stock. the a4 just doesn't look appealing to me at all. if you can buy it separate i don't see why they would do it there for me.

ohh i wish i could find guns in random hardware stores but nassau county is crazy tight with the guns stores already so that would probably never happen n e ways. i have to drive 30+ miles just to get to a wall mart that sells ammo and guns!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 227 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 463

I dont have one yet but I too really want a AR-10, what about a amralite? They were the first ones to make it, hard to go wrong with the original.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #8

Amralite is a great company but depending on the model most are around 1600 bucks or more. Not as easily upgrade able by using the website either like rra or dpms

Old 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have an Armalite AR10 and with a 16" SS barrel it is a tack driver. Mussle blast is impressive for a 308 with a 16" for sure but that is after the fact and the game is already down. They are heavy rifles but that is expected as everything is sized up accordingly over a 5.56 AR. If I want a match grade AR I'd look at some of the manufacturers going after that market. If I want a military grade, throw it in the mud, pick it up, and hit the target kind of rifle, I'll take an Armalite. Not that I abuse it but glad to know I could.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #10

Yeah I know most guns will be heavy. Just my rra ar15 compared to my buddy's s&w is night and day on weight. It's going to be a target/deer/bear/zombies/Taliban gun just incase **** hits the fan! Lol in NY u can't get a flash suppressor on a gun with a pistol grip, bayonet lug or collapsible stock so u gotta pick one and that's the pistol grip. NYS basically adapted the federal assault weapons ban from the Clinton age since this state is mostly demo-idiots... I wanna move to Texas and carry a pistol anywhere... I can't even hold a pistol in a gun store here without showing my pistol permit!! Which finally I am 1year and 5 days from applying for it... God does New York suck or what...