You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

300 Blackout SBR Suggestions Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default 300 Blackout SBR Suggestions Needed

Friends,

I am going to build a .300 Blackout SBR for hog hunting in south Texas. I have the lower and just need the full upper. I will have it suppressed and with night vision optics possible. Any suggestions where I should start my short list? Thanks in advance for the help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 AM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 60 Posts

I built my own 8.5" upper with Aero Precision parts. The hand guard was Seekins but all the other upper parts, gas block and tube etc were Aero.
The hand guard was my only problem. The guard was smaller than the barrel nut so I hand sanded it down until the hand guard fit over it and then refinished it. Seekins was not helpful. They turned my caliper measurements over to their engineering department to see what part may be out of spec and I never heard from them again.
The setup has been flawless and cycles all the subs and supers I have given it both with and without the suppressor.
I also have a 16" PSA complete upper. It has run just as well but is now a safe queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

wtojr44 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Likes Given: 1

Thanks! I will check that out.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:31 AM   #4

Liked 1140 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 86

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1420428579.191009.jpg
My 2 300 SBR's. The top one is waiting on its can right now. Want to spend a bunch of money? I can give build advice. Mine usually get pretty spendy!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 01-05-2015, 03:56 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7461 Times on 3976 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Ive got a bit of experience hunting with suppressors. Bolt guns are far far far superior to semiautos for effective sound suppression. Ar15 with suppressors are still quite loud due to the action itself slamming around and the gas system letting a lot of noisy gas out.

Most ar15 are just barely hearing safe with a suppressor.

If you go sbr 300blk ar15 i HIGHLY recommend getting a 30cal suppressor that has a qd function. That way you can move it easily from gun to gun. If you get a cheaper screw-on your stuck with only one thread pattern.

I can use my qd suppressor on any .308 or smaller diameter rifle excluding 22lr as 22lr will gunk a sealed suppressor to uselessness very snappy quick as you cannot remove the lead without a good soak in a mercury bath...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-05-2015, 04:37 AM   #6

Liked 1140 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 86

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1420432543.182581.jpg
I also just bought this Ruger American in 300 BLK to hunt with the suppressor.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334