Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Where's all the Remington 1858 fans ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where's all the Remington 1858 fans ?

I don't own any real ones , just Reproductions of the 1858 Remington . I sure would like to see some of yours , new ones or the real deal old ones ? Anybody ?
I used to be a die hard Colt only guy , never liked the grip shape of the Remington . Now I do , but it took buying one to convert me . Well not convert me , I still love my Colts too . Once I understood the Remington and stripped her apart , I came to appreciate its design and functioning and over-all ease of operation . Especially the ability to use a conversion cylinder in quick time Pardners . I have watched Pail Rider toooooo many times and Ole Clint is cool , but I can do that in half the time maybe even less , and I am knowhere near as cool LOL....
The Remington design is awsome . Here's some of mine , they make good company . Some hang Rembrandt on thier walls to admire , I hang other Art , the GUN .

Last edited by Kelly-A; 12-31-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: too stupid to use spell-check

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #2

Wow!! A damn fine collection briother! I've but only two....the 1858 Target Model (rear sight) and the very cool SS Buffalo Model. I like 'em a lot!!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #3

Default Good ones to have too

Quote:
Originally Posted by winch View Post
Wow!! A damn fine collection briother! I've but only two....the 1858 Target Model (rear sight) and the very cool SS Buffalo Model. I like 'em a lot!!
Thanks Winch !
I too started with the Pietta Target model .44 , that is what got me hooked is the accuracy . I am generally a Target Sighted gun guy anywayz . Very cool SS Buntline ( Buffalo ) is right , they are awsome ! Here is mine in full conversion mode . This baby will reach out and touch you at 100 yards with .45 Colt in her , no kidding off the bench . Bowling Pins are pretty fun too with it , especially with big fat Meplat Keith Bullets in her . I assume your 58 collection will get large , LOL ....Post um up , I wanta see um .

Enjoy your evening Winch ,

Old 01-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Darn fine collection ya have there. Did ya make most them grips?

Old 01-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #5

Default Yup I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Darn fine collection ya have there. Did ya make most them grips?
Thanks Towboater , and yes , I did make "all" the grips
Most fit me pretty well too , I got huge PAWS , so most are just ever so slightly oversized , a bit fatter than stock ones . You'll appreciate that on the Colts I sent ya Plus the Laquer build-up helps fatten um up a bit too , and they generally are raised slightly above the frames to add some well needed bulk to them too .

Happy Sailin

Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 AM   #6

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Wow! Nice pistols!

Mine is just a stock steel one, but is more accurate than I thought it would be.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #7

Liked 71 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You've already seen all of mine.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 01-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #8

Default Thanks Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
Wow! Nice pistols!

Mine is just a stock steel one, but is more accurate than I thought it would be.
Thanks Kid . Thanks for posting yours too , excellent example , grace and sanitary all in one picture . Something about a Remington that just screams Civil War Officer to me .

Old 01-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I'm a fan, here's my Remington reproduction with a .45 Colt cylinder.

image-1718343788.jpg  

Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #10

Default Ah the Pietta CCh Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymag View Post
I'm a fan, here's my Remington reproduction with a .45 Colt cylinder.
Sweet , the Pietta CCH Model no less , nice one too . I gave mine to a friend , and I know that that Model is sweeter than most Piettas !
Thanks for sharing !

This one here used to be mine :

Last edited by Kelly-A; 01-08-2012 at 02:37 AM.