What kind of gun is this - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket >

What kind of gun is this

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thew trigger guard is not like any Springfiled I have seen. Is it smoothb ore or rifled and what is the bore size. What little I can tell is it looks like maybe an English Enfield or a French musket but then the pictures are not great ((I am a poor one to discuss pictures being mine turn out like a 6 month old took them). I would clean it up throughly but in tat do not take ANY of teh finish off and then lookk for any and all markings. Clear pictures of all markings, over all length, LOP, bore size, rifled or smooth, and ANYTHING that you see that could be of use should be posted. Once that is done I am sure it can be nailed down as to what it is.

Now I am by no means an expert but have been shootging BP guns (mainly flinters) since the mid 1970s. I shoot a lot of flintlocks from the Rev War era but have shot and own several percussion guns. I also do Rev War reenactments as a part time hobby (too many hobbies to call it a full hobby). I am a BP section mod on another onlime gun forum and if I can help you I will but if not, might know just who can.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #12

http://imgur.com/a/YFSFu
Heres the new pics

Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #13

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

looks like an old shotgun, brl looks to thin to be rifle or musket. just guessing

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #14

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

First, I scrolled through the photo but I'd start going down the European path, i.e. a CW era Lorenz, something Belgian perhaps...