What happened to my wolf

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > What happened to my wolf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 36 Posts

Default What happened to my wolf

I was checking the firing pin on my cva wolf (the new version) and when I closed the breech it all seemed normal. I pulled the hammer back to practice trigger control (with my thumb controlling hammer fall) and the hammer got stuck and so did the trigger. I can't figure out how to fix or reverse it.

Does anyone of you know what I'm talking about and what I can do to fix it?

Please help!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1208 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

Bounce it on the floor a few times that should fix it !................

When all else fails.

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 07-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

read up on the owners manual and see if it covers that.

barring it doesn't, you might need the services of a gunsmith that is familiar with that rifle.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
read up on the owners manual and see if it covers that.

barring it doesn't, you might need the services of a gunsmith that is familiar with that rifle.
i had a similar issue with my wolf cva. couldnt find any smith willing to work on it as im not familiar with it and could find no info on its inner workings. cva wasnt much help as they wanted more than the gun value to fix it. so i tried taking it apart. it sits in a kroil oil filled baggy a year later.

i ended up buying a lyman great plains caplock. it uses patched roundball and shoots better than the cva ever did

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #5

We got the rifle "unstuck". The only problem now is getting the trigger thingy put back in. That's the only thing keeping my wolf from "barking". If I or my dad can't figure out how to put the trigger back in, we will take it to the gunshop/smith in Garrett, Indiana (I live in kendallville) .

Think about it, how hard would it be for an experienced gunsmith to put half of a trigger assembly back into a rifle?! :screwy:

Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i had a similar issue with my wolf cva. couldnt find any smith willing to work on it as im not familiar with it and could find no info on its inner workings. cva wasnt much help as they wanted more than the gun value to fix it. so i tried taking it apart. it sits in a kroil oil filled baggy a year later.

i ended up buying a lyman great plains caplock. it uses patched roundball and shoots better than the cva ever did
does anyone have or can provide schematics or exploded views of the rifle?

Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
does anyone have or can provide schematics or exploded views of the rifle?
nope.

if i had the schematic i could almost certainly put it back together. the real issue is its such a cheap thing that paying cva to put it back together is more than the cost of a new one with shipping. issue was the same as getting it fixed in the first place. so there was nothing to lose by trying to take it apart.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
nope.

if i had the schematic i could almost certainly put it back together. the real issue is its such a cheap thing that paying cva to put it back together is more than the cost of a new one with shipping. issue was the same as getting it fixed in the first place. so there was nothing to lose by trying to take it apart.
My rifle still has a valid cva repair or replacement warranty.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cva209x50 View Post
My rifle still has a valid cva repair or replacement warranty.
my suggestion, if it's still under warranty, contact CVA and see what they would advise in doing.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #10

Quote:
my suggestion, if it's still under warranty, contact CVA and see what they would advise in doing.
Good idea. They might even bore-sight it for me.