What BP Guns are You Shooting? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > What BP Guns are You Shooting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've came full circle in the BP game. I started out with a sidehammer, went to a scoped inline, then have came back to the traditional sidehammer when I realized inlines had less challenge that sidehammers do. I still have a couple of scoped Knight inlines but, wish I could still hunt with my .54 TC Renegade I used to have. I'm currently looking for a replacement for it now. There's nothing wrong with a scoped inline shooting the latest/greatest sabot round, but there's nothing like hurling a huge chunk of pure lead at a deer. I've bowhunted and rifle hunted elk but never had the chance to muzzleload hunt for elk.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #12

As for me... a mid 90's cva .50 eclipse. My first and as of this point only. But God providing I'll have more before long.

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Old 10-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Welcome to the brotherhood of powder then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justen.223 View Post
As for me... a mid 90's cva .50 eclipse. My first and as of this point only. But God providing I'll have more before long.
It's a blast! I love making white smoke,and some Elk to go along with it just makes it all that much better!

Sua Sponte!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #14

Pedersoli 45 cal Kentucky long rifle Please lets keep the BP post rolling.....................
TC 54 cal Hawkins
Charles Daly 50 cal Hawkins
CVA black powder sxs 12 gauge
TC 45 cal Patriot pistol
Traditions 50 cal Plainmen
CVA 45 cal flint pistol
Dikar 45 cal pistol
Antonio Zoli 58 cal pistol with shoulder stock. C.S.A.
Uberti 44 cal 3rd model Dragoon the 4 pound revolver
Uberti 44 cal 1860 Army kit polished steel
Ruger 45 cal old army
Boot pistol 36 cal
Classic Arms 36 cal duckfoot
1 44 cal colt
3 36 cal colts
1 36 cal Remington
3 44 cal Remington
No wonder everone calls me Muzzleman

Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #15

Likes Given: 3

Default BP

I have an old standby....my .50 Traditions Pioneer. Its acurate and fun to shoot. I used to Rendesvous "Buck skinnning" to some of you, and that gun got me awarded second place female shooter...won a pair of socks and a gun sock to boot...no pun intended!

Last edited by Shortshooter; 10-27-2009 at 02:26 AM.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortshooter View Post
I have an old standby....my .50 Traditions Pioneer. Its acurate and fun to shoot. I used to Rendesvous "Buck skinnning" to some of you, and that gun got me awarded second place female shooter...won a pair of socks and a gun sock to boot...no pun intended!
That's cool, Shortshooter. I believe of the ladies here, you are the only one who shoots bp.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Well heck!

I did rondy's off and on for a few years. I won fourth place in 94 at the Raton Rendezvous and won a pretty cool knife. At the Ft. Collins Smoke Poler Shoot I won a 10, actually 11 gauge smoothbore shotgun/ Musket for placing second in a field of five... Ahem!

I just wish I could have had more folks to try BP shotgunning. As it was, I was the only one around that had one. Talk about having to lead birds...

Shoot Straight & Be Safe!

Sua Sponte!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #18

I've always been on the traditional side of muzzle loading. The rifle I shoot 95% of the time right now is my .45 caliber Dickert Flintlock I built myself. I do like my flinters!

Joe
NRA, NMLRA

Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 AM   #19

Short shooter, My wife shoots the Charles Dalay. And she is a good shot. She beats me sometimes and she don't even practice. We did our clubs Rondy on Memorial Day. Had a good time although it rained everyday. Split a 54cal on a hawk, put holes in both sides of the card. Went to Bells Fort Rondy down by the Royal Guordge Bridge. Good time again. Cut a card in half again with my 54cal. Into the 1800s' big time. We belong to the Colorado Springs Muzzle loaders. We have 2 shoots a month and I go to the range as much as I can.
Next year we plan on going to the Raton Rondy.

Shoot strait
Muzzleman

SHOOT STRAIT
MUZZLEMAN

Old 11-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #20

Default BP Shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sperry View Post
I did rondy's off and on for a few years. I won fourth place in 94 at the Raton Rendezvous and won a pretty cool knife. At the Ft. Collins Smoke Poler Shoot I won a 10, actually 11 gauge smoothbore shotgun/ Musket for placing second in a field of five... Ahem!

I just wish I could have had more folks to try BP shotgunning. As it was, I was the only one around that had one. Talk about having to lead birds...

Shoot Straight & Be Safe!
Patrick: Hey lets talk bp shotguns I want to lean all I can about shooting them. I Have about 6 old 1800's double barrels I shoot all of them my favorite. Is a 1860's dayton 11 ga. there is nothing better then out shooting somebody with a modern shotgun and seeing the look on there faces. after the've been beat with a smokepole. What do you know about Jugg choke. Do you know anybody that has done it to there shotgun? Pete