Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > want a new rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

well i got the gun im going out to shoot it today i will post pics when i get home .

Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
KAB;
Morning. I fixed that for you.

In line? "Souless excuse to git ya sum huntin' season others ain't a gonna" -- Funk & Wagnalls. Stainless steel and nylon? How about Pyrodex... Oh, I'm not done. ...PELLETS!? Scopes!?!? Ooo -- sabots!?!?!?
Good one, I needed that laugh. Souless excuse to git ya sum huntin' season others ain't a gonna. Hell, that sounds like the reason I bow hunt, and yes I use a compound bow for that. BTW, my CVA Tracker, which also gets used for hunting on nice days, IS a traditional caplock with wood stocks. My inlines perform better in bad weather, AND I ain't gotta wory about those little scratches and nicks that make the owner's of REAL smokepoles cry!

Just messin' with ya! I did get a good laugh out of that post though.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 02-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #13

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Good one, I needed that laugh. Souless excuse to git ya sum huntin' season others ain't a gonna. Hell, that sounds like the reason I bow hunt, and yes I use a compound bow for that. BTW, my CVA Tracker, which also gets used for hunting on nice days, IS a traditional caplock with wood stocks. My inlines perform better in bad weather, AND I ain't gotta wory about those little scratches and nicks that make the owner's of REAL smokepoles cry!

Just messin' with ya! I did get a good laugh out of that post though.
Thanks man -- at least you get it. But they do say sarcasm is the highest form of wit. Some people have it and another, well, OMG!

Now, as for that compound bow... Yew needed to switch to an English longbow. Sinew string and bodkin heads only please. A Mongol recurve is acceptable too but you must shoot from running horseback.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #14
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Thanks man -- at least you get it. But they do say sarcasm is the highest form of wit. Some people have it and another, well, OMG!

Now, as for that compound bow... Yew needed to switch to an English longbow. Sinew string and bodkin heads only please. A Mongol recurve is acceptable too but you must shoot from running horseback.
No problem. I figure you need to have a sense of humor to hang out on this forum. Insanity helps too, but it's not a requirement..... YET!

On the bow subject, I have always wanted to build an elglish long bow for hunting, and make my own arrows. Been a dream of mine since I was a boy. Shooting from a horse, Been ther and done that, it should be on everyones bucket list. A few of my friends and I do that 2 or 3 times a month in the spring and summer, and it is a blast. The bulls eye is till safe from me most of the time, but I can consistently hit a paper pie plate at 20 yards from horseback. Half the fun is the challenge, the rest is time with friends and family.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?