Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > want a new rifle

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dgaf333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 57
Default want a new rifle

dose anyone have a cva wolf 50cal? i was thinking about buying one wanted to know the ups and downs of the gun any info will help thank you .

__________________
dgaf333 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
towboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewares,Ky
Posts: 3,583
Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3636

Default

I aint got one. Heard their pretty good? Kelly (KAB) can tell ya more bout em.

__________________
towboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Great Northwest,Washington
Posts: 97
Default Gee thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
I aint got one. Heard their pretty good? Kelly (KAB) can tell ya more bout em.
Gee thanks Towboater
I know NUTHING about in-lines , only that I like them and they fire in a straight line ? But only if they have wood stocks that is , kinda funny that way , and many other wayz
In-lines been around for eons and eons , like hundreds of years , they be ok witt me
I know ZERO about the Wolf though .
__________________
KAB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dgaf333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 57
Default

well i going to buy one and i will let you guys know how it shoots

__________________
dgaf333 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,436
Liked 1492 Times on 915 Posts
Likes Given: 7369

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaf333 View Post
dose anyone have a cva wolf 50cal? i was thinking about buying one wanted to know the ups and downs of the gun any info will help thank you .
I own a CVA Wolf and an Optima. Both are well made, reliable rifles. The wolf is more of a brush gun due to it's shorter overall length. It is slightly less accurate than my Optima IMO. The 209 primer ignition is very reliable on both rifles, and both are capable of firing magnum loads with the BP sustitute pellets. I use both of them for hunting on a regular basis, That way I'm not banging up the better peices of my collection. Some of which were handed down from my great grandfather. These ones get used at the range, and live a very pampered life.

Only 2 downsides I have found with the modern ones, "Purists" tend to look at it and you like you have a third arm sprouting out of your @zz when you shoot with them. Some accept it after trying it out, some don't. Don't be offended by this, most BP shooters I have met are just glad to see another person enjoying the sport. The other down side is the ROT to the barrel is set up for conical bullets and sabots. Round ball will not be as accurate.

Main upsides are easier cleaning and unloading with the removable breach plug. The newer models of both have a no tool breach plug that is a breeze to remove. The muzzle end of the barrel is back bored to make bullet starting easier as well. The CVA Wolf is a good rifle for what it is, it all comes down to personal preferences as to whether it is for you or not. I hope this helps.

Kev.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?


Last edited by kfox75; 02-14-2012 at 07:04 PM.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dgaf333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 57
Default

thank you i want it for hunting and i am going to pick one up at my bass pro shop 2 day

__________________
dgaf333 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Great Northwest,Washington
Posts: 97
Default How about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaf333 View Post
thank you i want it for hunting and i am going to pick one up at my bass pro shop 2 day
How about you post us up some pictures of this new beast when you get it ?
Oh , and a Range report after you shoot it
I am always into learning about new stuff .

KFOX did a nice job responding to your post , and brought up the point of being shunned for owning and shooting an In-Line .
Well , if your anything like me DGAF333 , you will not give that any concern in your decision to do as you please , when you please , and how you please
All guns are cool , pellet guns , paintball guns , Browning Machine Guns , Cap and Ball Revolver guns , modern Smith and Wesson guns , Rubber-Band guns , and even In-Lines guns .
If you knew how many times I get looked dirty at for shooting the Smokey guns at my Range because it bothers someone to shoot through smoke , you would think I would give it up . Heck no , I don't roll that way
I by far get more questions asked about the guns than snears , and I know I have gotten people into this sport because of it .
Good luck and enjoy , AND POST SOME PICTURES
__________________
KAB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,436
Liked 1492 Times on 915 Posts
Likes Given: 7369

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB View Post
All guns are cool , pellet guns , paintball guns , Browning Machine Guns , Cap and Ball Revolver guns , modern Smith and Wesson guns , Rubber-Band guns , and even In-Lines guns .
If you knew how many times I get looked dirty at for shooting the Smokey guns at my Range because it bothers someone to shoot through smoke , you would think I would give it up . Heck no , I don't roll that way
I by far get more questions asked about the guns than snears , and I know I have gotten people into this sport because of it .
Quoted for truth. Kinda funny KAB, that's how I got into them. Another shooter's smoke kept blowing in front of me, and it got me curious. I went over to talk to him and the next thing I know, I'm shooting his T\C Hawken.Six months later Iwent and picked up a CVA Tracker carbine and began enjoying my new addiction.

Now I enjoy shooting through smoke. It's kind of like opening a Christmas present, waiting for it to clear so you can see where you hit the target.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?


Last edited by kfox75; 02-15-2012 at 06:39 AM.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Souless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB View Post
All guns are cool , pellet guns , paintball guns , Browning Machine Guns , Cap and Ball Revolver guns , modern Smith and Wesson guns , Rubber-Band guns , and [that's it].
KAB;
Morning. I fixed that for you.

In line? "Souless excuse to git ya sum huntin' season others ain't a gonna" -- Funk & Wagnalls. Stainless steel and nylon? How about Pyrodex... Oh, I'm not done. ...PELLETS!? Scopes!?!? Ooo -- sabots!?!?!?
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Great Northwest,Washington
Posts: 97
Default Ok , you asked for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
KAB;
Morning. I fixed that for you.

In line? "Souless excuse to git ya sum huntin' season others ain't a gonna" -- Funk & Wagnalls. Stainless steel and nylon? How about Pyrodex... Oh, I'm not done. ...PELLETS!? Scopes!?!? Ooo -- sabots!?!?!?
Ok , you asked for it , now your gonna get it HockaLouis

1st: You will note that I never said "WHY" some people shoot in-lines , right ?
2nd: In-lines have been around for hundreds of years , right ? Yes they have.
3rd: Stainless steel is cool , even on sliced toast buddy
4th: Nylon , well , I will give you that one , but I did say I only like in-lines that had wood , read my posts better
5th: Pyrodreck , well , you gots to shoot what you can get your hands on right ? Also refer to #4 reading my posts better , I always refer to Pyrodex as Pyrodreck .
6th: Pellets you say ? Well then , you must be apposed to linen cartridges or paper cartridges prefabbed for the Sharps stuffed with BP in them . Faster is sometimes better you know with bullets wizzing around your head , and if I am using Pyrodreck Pellets for protection , I be the wise guy there . Themz Sharps guys be pretty wize too with them new fangled Paper Cartridges Wild Bill never liked cartridge guns , and he got shot from one
Evolution isnt always good, but its a commin! LOL ..
7th: Scopes you say ? How about the Malcom ? Its been around a long time .
Smart hunters use scopes , its ethical too . Dumb hunters use scopes too , its still ethical , LOL .
8th: Sabots ? You better do some reading , they been around pre-1820 my friend . And the Military uses them all the time so they got to be cool , SABOTS are cool
I used to shoot Remington Accelerators in .3006 with a .223 bullet on them that would cut you in half or peel the skin off a Cayote

While I prefer Civil War Era guns to any others , I certainly aint gonna care what YOU shoot . When I look at an Austin and Halleck or Savage or Knight that is bolt action in-line on a beautifull wood stock , I see perfection .

Oh , and you forgot one other thing you can't digest , 209 Shotgun Primer ignition Oh and how about that CVA electric BBQ gun ? Aint that sumtin !
I think NASA uses this sytem to shoot rockets too , LOL . I think that would be better than standing under the Space Shuttle with a Match or BIC lighter ? Evolution my friend . I think there is an In-Line named that ? LOL

To each thier own
__________________
KAB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
VZ58 rifle vs. SKS rifle differences? orangello AK & SKS Discussion 4 07-12-2011 02:58 AM
Rifle 101: Rifle Actions. cpttango30 General Rifle Discussion 2 01-15-2011 05:51 PM
rifle mag primers -v- large rifle primers ricardo Ammunition & Reloading 14 11-17-2010 04:19 PM