Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Are Uberti c&b's any better?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
AWA bought out ASM in 2000 but if my memory is right ASM quit making percussion revolvers around 92.
Hawg ,I just looked at my gun permit and the Armi San Marco was purchased in 1995, I sold ,except for one,all my C&B guns more than Four years ago ,I had twenty Italian replica's and one second generation colt,just can remember all the details of the guns I had ,I'l see if I can find an old picture of the guns

one thing puzzles me, are these Uberti's made in Italy or in the US under Uberti license ,this one reads navyarms

and this one Uberti USA,LAKEVILLE,ct,,why are there some many different markings on the uberti's ,and remember these are licensed guns bought in Europe,the first Uberti's just had the A.Uberti made in italy on it

Last edited by Reinhard; 01-30-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #22

Liked 72 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Purchased in 95 doesn't mean made in 95. Sometimes they are warehoused for several years and then again i may be wrong about date. Wouldn't be the first time. Navy Arms is the importer. How it ended up in Europe is anybody's guess.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Last edited by Hawg; 01-30-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #23

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

This Uberti is a 2010. I had to return it for repair. They did a Half A## job and returned it to me. It has major mill cuts in the cylinder rod. The cylinder drags on the frame. I have a very old Uberti first issue Dragoon it is over 30 years old and is perfect. I would not buy another Uberti Dragoon.

DK

Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post

This Uberti is a 2010. I had to return it for repair. They did a Half A## job and returned it to me. It has major mill cuts in the cylinder rod. The cylinder drags on the frame. I have a very old Uberti first issue Dragoon it is over 30 years old and is perfect. I would not buy another Uberti Dragoon.

DK
Thanks for the info.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #25

I've heard all kinds of glowing reports about Pieatta. I only have one, and will trade it off as soon as possible. I have a Uberti New Navy. The loading lever has a finger print on each side. Aside from that fit and finish is very good. For me the real test is on the range. The Pieatta New Army shoots high and left. No easy fix. The Uberti Navy shot low left. Low, no problem. Left, also no problem due to the dovetailed front sight.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #26

Liked 72 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Originals shoot high as they were sighted in at 75 yards. Repros tend to do so because they're pretty close copies of originals. Newer Pietta 58's have taller front sights so are closer to POA but the 1860's are still low like the originals. I don't know how Uberti does their C&B's but their cartridge revolvers have tall front sights that can be filed down.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #27
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

I have 2 1851 Confederate Navy .44 Caliber one sold by Pietta and the other Traditions packaging; but, further examination of the revolvers, that both made by Pietta of Italy.

Lately, I have been firing the Traditions at the range, wife wanted claim to the other Pietta package model. It has the cleaner lines on the cylinder.

The only issue is me needing to get more range time with the revolver. I am hitting a little high when shooting right handed; might try left handed.

Still, people ask me at the range, is it fun to shoot. Yes!

Granted, I am not fast at loading; but, I prefer to take my time.