Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Uberti 1851 Colt Navy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Resident Lurker / Retro AR nut
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 659 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

Default Uberti 1851 Colt Navy?

Im bored and thought I would share, I'm seriously lusting after one of these in .36 caliber naturally... thinking a square back model, any thoughts?

Also, anybody know of a civil war era style rig for it at a reasonable price?

:drool:

http://tablet.uberti.com/firearms/army-navy-and-pocket-navy/index.php

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've owned Uberti(s) and 2nd Generation Colts. The Colts are my favorite - and that is mainly name brand. Uberti made a lot of the parts for Colt during that era, they were finished and assembled by under Colt license. Parts are pretty much interchangeable with occasional minor fitting.

For shooting and overall quality you will be happy with the Uberti. They are some of the best repros out there.

You can always defarb the "Made in Italy" if that bothers you ...LOL

Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Uberti supplied the parts for the second gen and Colt did the final fit and finishing. Colt warranted them and repaired them and will letter them. The 3rd gens are a different matter. Colt had nothing to do with them other than licensing the name. They didn't warranty them, wont work on them and won't letter them. They were made by the Colt Black Powder Arms Co.(not affiliated with Colt in any way) in the old Iver Johnson factory.
Having said that you can't go wrong with a new Uberti or Pietta.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 355 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I just bought an 1858 Army in stainless steel. I can't wait to shoot it. I'm sure the 1851, from what I've read will be great fun. good luck

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 09-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 740 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 958

I prefer the Remingtons, i have 2 Uberti 1858s, and a Thompson Hawken rifle. Be careful...its a slippery slope. BP revolvers can be addictive....I like loading them almost as much as the shooting part...

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
PRM

Not an 1851, but the Remington is one of my favorites. I bought mine sight unseen for $100 buck a couple of years ago. I figured I was either getting a shooter or a wall hanger. When it arrived, I was a little shocked to receive an almost new revolver. The Remington design is more like a modern revolver as far as shooting. All my Colt's shoot a little high, about 6 inches at 15 yards. Not a bad problem once you learn where to aim. The Remington is point of aim/point of impact and spot on with accuracy. I've also warmed up to the SS guns as I get older.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 793 Times on 474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRM View Post
Not an 1851, but the Remington is one of my favorites. I bought mine sight unseen for $100 buck a couple of years ago. I figured I was either getting a shooter or a wall hanger. When it arrived, I was a little shocked to receive an almost new revolver. The Remington design is more like a modern revolver as far as shooting. All my Colt's shoot a little high, about 6 inches at 15 yards. Not a bad problem once you learn where to aim. The Remington is point of aim/point of impact and spot on with accuracy. I've also warmed up to the SS guns as I get older.
I have had the same experience, both of my Colts shoot high. My Remington is pretty much spot on.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
PRM

a lot of the issue in the Colts shooting high is the small front sight. I've seen taller ones put on them that corrects the problem, but to me, it takes away from the historical lines. With a little practice hitting what you want is not that hard. The only Colt C&B that I have shot that didn't print high on the target was my Signature Series Walker.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1632 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

Ive also seen the notch in the hammer deepened to improve poa.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRM View Post
These are funny animals, had to file down my front site to have it shoot dead on point of aim from 25yds. I have never had any desire for a stainless steel Remington, but your's looks nice and it is getting to me. I must be getting older!

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."