Track of the Wolf Bucks County rifle kit - Draw Filing

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Track of the Wolf Bucks County rifle kit - Draw Filing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 53 Posts

Default Track of the Wolf Bucks County rifle kit - Draw Filing

I know not many of you are into this rifle building stuff. But, for the few who are, I hope you're enjoying this series.

This is a mini update on the TOW Bucks county flintlock rifle kit build. It is kind of out of sequence with the rest of the videos. so I broke it out on its own.

It covers draw filing the barrel. Typically I only draw file and polish the top three barrel flats. But for this build I did the bottom obliques and the side flats. I'll do the top later.

I've been complaining that the barrel was tight in the channel, and I was blaming it on the stock. I finally got around to measuring the 13/16th Colerain barrel I'm using.

True 13/16ths is 0.8125 inches. This barrel is 0.8245 inches. I measured a couple of Green Mountain barrels from rifles I built 20 years ago and they measured 0.8145.

So the Colerain barrel is a little fat.

Here's my draw filing procedure...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here