TOW Bucks County Rifle Kit Update #25

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > TOW Bucks County Rifle Kit Update #25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 53 Posts

Default TOW Bucks County Rifle Kit Update #25

This video shows the final fitting of the Bucks County side opening patchbox. It is far from perfect, but it is as good as I can get it.

Fred Lehto, who is an experienced builder of Bucks County rifles has graciously given me several pointers, as have several others. Unfortunately I'm too inept to do them justice, but I certainly do appreciate it. One thing Fred told me was to extend the hinge knuckle right over the butt plate. Unfortunately for me, he told me this...the day after I did it the wrong way...which is the story of my life. LOL

So, in the video, it will be a case of do what I say…not what I did.

I'd say I'll know better next time, but I think from now on I see only top opening patchboxes in my future.

Next I have to do the push button lid catch and release...never did one of those before, and I am sweating bullets over it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here