Tgt. Sights for BP revolver
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Tgt. Sights for BP revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Tgt. Sights for BP revolver

I wanna install a target sight on my Traditions 1851, 7 and half inch, oct barrel. Anyone know where to start ordering a set for home installation. I'll drill and tap. These pistols shoot accurate enough, with a 2" group at 25yds, to justify installing a set of adjustable sights, rear. Gun was only $150 so no need to spend a great deal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Brownells

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
I wanna install a target sight on my Traditions 1851, 7 and half inch, oct barrel. Anyone know where to start ordering a set for home installation. I'll drill and tap. These pistols shoot accurate enough, with a 2" group at 25yds, to justify installing a set of adjustable sights, rear. Gun was only $150 so no need to spend a great deal.
Hi Paul , take a look at Brownells , you can probably find a multitude of sights to do what your looking to do .
Williams makes a nice little adjustable fold down rear , dovetail version you could install on the barrel . Or you could buy any number of adjustable rears and instal a Ruger Single Six front , Tap and screw base . The options are limitless really if you have the talent . You will need a taller front than stock, I do know that much , as the rear hammer knotch is low to the barrel on those Colts . I personally would dovetail a rear and front . Lyman makes a set-up too you may like , but the adjustable rear Williams is very cool , and has a white sighting diamond on the blade . Set that sight up with a nice dovetailed Lyman front and your in bussiness .
There is plenty of meat on your barrel to dovetail both sights, been there done that .
Hope that helps !