Target Revolvers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Target Revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Target Revolvers

When Kentucky Windage just wont do

Rogers and Spencer Target Model in action

My Pops , pearing through the HOLY BLACK !

The Dirty Girl ....

Last edited by Kelly-A; 01-08-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Bad Spelling , LOL

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Those are some mighty fine looking grips you got there.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #3

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymag View Post
Those are some mighty fine looking grips you got there.

Thank you kind Sir , I made them all myself .
Guns , they are not what I do , they ARE who I am
Pops was a Pro Smith , and I too , went to Lassen , Blah Blah Blah

Old 01-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #4

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Did you make the sights? Looks almost like you milled the frame and used Ruger sights. Look nice. Accurate guns are the only ones to have!

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #5

Default Howdee HiWall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Did you make the sights? Looks almost like you milled the frame and used Ruger sights. Look nice. Accurate guns are the only ones to have!
No Sir , I did not make any of these sights , or mill the frames , bone stock Target Models here , just trigger jobs and pollished internals and custom grips . While the target model sights are not quite Millet Grade , they are nice nonetheless and can take a pounding , trust me

Old 01-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Kelly,

Those are some B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! Pistols my friend! I am envious of the collection! How man years have you been collecting them. And the impressive thing is obviously they just do not set in a safe! You enjoy them! That is fantastic!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #7

Default Thanks Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Kelly,

Those are some B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ! Pistols my friend! I am envious of the collection! How man years have you been collecting them. And the impressive thing is obviously they just do not set in a safe! You enjoy them! That is fantastic!

Thanks Sniper , and have been buying , selling , trading , collecting , shooting , since I was a kid . Always an Ebb and Flow to the collection , but the BP stuff I have been avid in since my 20's . I still have one of my original BP revolvers from then . Collecting for awhile I guess is the answer . Oh heck yes I shoot them ! I do have lots of unfired ones too but only because they aint made a range trip yet . Some may never get fired ? I'm ok with that , they make great conversational art to enlighten the ignoramous .
Thing is , once I fired a cap and ball revolver with the Holy Black in it , I was hooked for life . This is my prefered lifestyle and guns to shoot over any other .

Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #8

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Nice group of BP revolvers

What I like about BP, I've only been into it 2months, is that I'm finding out that it's less expensive to have a half dozen Piatta's, Traditions, Rugers, CVA's than to buy the S&W's and Kimber's. I have one Kimber .45acp that cost as much as 6 of the Tradition revolver I bought. I kinda wish I would have looked into BP almost 50 years ago when I first started shooting. It seems like black powder shooting kinda "skipped" my generation. Thanks for the fine pictures of your firearms, it motivates me to add to my "collection" of traditional type guns.

Enjoy the shooting sports,