Suggestions for a comfortable and affordable way to carry a pietta 1858 remington NMA - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket >

Suggestions for a comfortable and affordable way to carry a pietta 1858 remington NMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Am looking for a reasonably priced and comfortable way to carry my pietta replica 1858 Remington new model army, 8" barrel. Suggestions for a cross draw holster or a right handed holster or holster belt combo would be appreciated.

I'm looking for practicality not pretty; it won't be for reenacting or CAS. I may use it for open carry occasionally and possibly for hunting backup.

Thanks
i have the pietta 44. 12 inch barrel , i found a good holster for it that i liked ( uncle mikes ). got a thread cutter out of my wifes sewing kit and cut the belt mount loose and sewed it back on in a side/belly position to draw that massive barrel.....and it's comfortable and very practical.

Marcus Aurelius

Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I like the Uncle Mikes holsters for revolvers with adjustable sights. Many of the high end holsters will break the blade on your rear sight. I am not paying $100 plus for a holster with a lame retention system and no notch for the rear sight, especially when the holster is supposed to be custom made for my gun. I ride a 4 wheeler or a mule to my hunting places. My guns have never fallen out in an uncle mikes holster. I do have a custom leather holster that I had to take to a saddle shop to have a notch for sight cut into it and a decent retention strap riveted onto it. The first time I got on a mule that took off as soon as my butt hit the saddle my gun fell out of it.