The standard infantry weapon during the Revolution was a flintlock musket - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > The standard infantry weapon during the Revolution was a flintlock musket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgeorge View Post

The Brits also used something called the Ferguson Rifle, a breech loading rifle designed by Patrick Ferguson, the Commander in Chief of the British forces killed at King's Mountain. But the number used was very small, as the British military brass rejected them despite a demonstration of their efficiency.
It was only used by the special unit commanded by Major Ferguson. After his death the British Army confiscated them and gave out Brown Bess' in return.

BTW, does anyone know if replicas were ever built for use by blackpowder hobbyists?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #12

There are some Ferguson replicas out and about. I'm not sure who makes them but the NMLRA would know. There are some videos on You Tube about the Ferguson Rifle.

Joe
NRA, NMLRA

Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotelsincarmel View Post
The standard infantry weapon during the Revolution was a flintlock musket called a what?

I had this question on my stupid homework along witha bunch of others
Hmmm, looks like the typical "ask an innocuous question to post an ad" spam message. I get a lot of these on a forum I now moderate for spam. Didn't realize it before.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
There are some Ferguson replicas out and about. I'm not sure who makes them but the NMLRA would know. There are some videos on You Tube about the Ferguson Rifle.
Thanks, Joe; I'll look around.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #15

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

dont know about any of you other guys...but with all the history teachers I've ever had, not one has asked such a specific question about the weapons used in our nation's conflicts....on many occasions was I asked to explain the impact of new weapons vs tactics in class....I spent study halls on websites such as this and trying to catch up on the latest in firearms....and then upon graduation my history teacher thanked me for the help...and then told me I was #3 on the schools watch list -.-