SS Uberti 1858 Target Model Project
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > SS Uberti 1858 Target Model Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SS Uberti 1858 Target Model Project

Howdee , this is an Uberti 1858 SS Target Model I recently built up , still unfired unfortunately , soon I hope though .
I fabricated grip panels out of some very fancy grade Birdseye Maple and used Brownells Escutcheons . Revolver got broke down and pollishing was done to every part inside and out , it doesn't really get any smooooooother than this one . Trigger job too on top of what Uberti does already . Finish on grip panels is Laquer , 76 coats sanded between sessions . The laquer I spray is micro thin when it dries , and the build-up of the laquer is still under 1/16" . It gives this fine Maple some serious depth of view and is quite lovely to look at too , especially in person , and is seriously tough finish
I have recently turned over to only buying Uberti Cap and Ball when I can, the quality is much nicer than Pietta , unless your buying the LeMat or Old Silver Models or engraved Piettas . Uberti are quite fine guns right out of the box
Hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed building this revolver up .

Thanks for lookin ! I can't wait to shoot this thing , I bet it will drive tacks when I get some loads figured out in her . Will start with 20 grains Holy Black and a .454 Hornady Round Ball and go up in 2 grain increments till I find her sweet spot

Enjoy, Kelly-A

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1722 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 3649

Those are some mighty fine looking grips!! And that remmy sure is a beauty.
I will be able to post some pics of my bp pistols soon. Come on UPS, hurry em up.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #3

Default Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Those are some mighty fine looking grips!! And that remmy sure is a beauty.
I will be able to post some pics of my bp pistols soon. Come on UPS, hurry em up.

Well thank you kind Sir , and looks like UPS is on schedule for your two new revolvers there Towboater . Hope they make it all the way back to the Southeast without them Gorrillas damaging them Heck they are insured for $500 anywayz . I packed um good anywayz , they would have to drive a truck over um ? That could actually happen huh ? LOL ...They will be fine , and heck yes, post um up , we need to liven up this BP page big time
Thanks, enjoy your Boat , Towboater

Kelly-A

Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Finally back in the water today. Might be able to get some sleep now. Darn beating and banging all night.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:11 AM   #5

You know what they say Towboater " there is plenty of time for sleep when your dead " ..... Stay off the bars , safe journeys , and you need to make it home to be with your new kids , the COLTS

Kelly-A

Old 12-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Looking forward to meeting them. Those custom grips ya made for em, sure look nice.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #7

like....good work man.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #8

Default Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by winch View Post
like....good work man.
Thanks Winch
Guns , they are not what I do , they ARE who I am , word