ROLLING THUNDER ! The Wife and I , Remington and Colts , Fire and Flame - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > ROLLING THUNDER ! The Wife and I , Remington and Colts , Fire and Flame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #11
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thanks Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Plain and simply AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing, great pics, GREAT post!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Vincent !
I do my best at trying to provide entertainment to the Forum
I at least am having fun at it , hopefully we can get some converts going here and get some more folks to post some guns , range trips , blah blah blah , you know the drill
Thanks again

Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Looks like a fun day to me KAB. Unfortunately I can't get my wife to use any of my smokers. She won't even go to the range with me when I break out the black powder pieces. She prefers bullets over balls I guess. That's alright though, I got her daughter into it last summer and we have range days like that. Keep your powder dry and carry on!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
KAB

Default Good Point Kfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Looks like a fun day to me KAB. Unfortunately I can't get my wife to use any of my smokers. She won't even go to the range with me when I break out the black powder pieces. She prefers bullets over balls I guess. That's alright though, I got her daughter into it last summer and we have range days like that. Keep your powder dry and carry on!

You brought up a good point Kfox75 . Alot of people/woman are afraid of Black Powder guns for some reason , very unjustifiably , but true nonetheless My EX-Girlfreind was this way too , she would shoot the 1911's all day long but would refuse to shoot any of my revolvers and especially revolvers shooting BP out of them This is why she is an EX-girlfriend among many other reasons , but , don't knock something prior to investigating it is what I always live by .
I think its very important to start your wife or girlfriend out with the History of the guns , how they work as apposed to modern cartridge guns , explain to them they are safe is safe hands , and then try to drag them to the range to watch you . If you happen to spark a desire in them to shoot one , make sure your patient , NO YELLING , and get them one that aint a Walker Colt so it wont scare them away first shot . A Colt Pocket is ideal or the Pocket Remington would be good too .
I was fortunate in that my wife has Warthog tendencies and wants more POWER Some girls are like that , some are not
But, there is a flip side to sharing your sport with the wife . And that is do you really want to share your sport with your wife ? You have to answer that for yourself . If your relationship is good to great to start with then its a fun thing to do with them , but on the other hand you may give up your only escape from your wife if she wants to go to the range with you
Weigh this aspect very carefully prior to deciding to getting them into the sport . Be careful what you ask for you just might get it !
To me its been BLISS though and has brought us closer together
If you've ever kissed a girl that smells like BP soot and grease and Channel #5 then you'll know what I mean

Old 02-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #14

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

KAB;
This is obviously the trophy wife. I'm gonna take mine out to shoot one day -- and I remind her of this whenever she gets out of hand.

So, what is that flamethrower thing going on in one of those pics?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #15
KAB

Default Hee hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
KAB;
This is obviously the trophy wife. I'm gonna take mine out to shoot one day -- and I remind her of this whenever she gets out of hand.

So, what is that flamethrower thing going on in one of those pics?
Hee hee hee , ohhhh thats funny

Umm , no flame thrower , its what your naked eye can't generally see unless its at night , and it happens in a millisecond , so catching it on camera is a feat in itself trust me . Every shot out of a Black Powder Revolver loaded with real BP does this every single time . You just don't notice it its so fast igniting . It is very impressive at night , trust me , especially 50 to 60 gr. out of a Walker Colt It lights the night right on up .