Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Replica Percussion Revolver Markings Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Early Rigarmi

rudybolla: Yours is the earliest manufacture date I have run across. The revolvers in our collection are dated from 1969-1973. I am posting a previous post abRIGARMI

RAG is one of the logos used by Rigarmi, Brescia Italy. They used several different markings depending on who the importer/distributor was. RPRCA has eight revolvers in its collection. Below are the markings found on our revolvers.

Schneider & Glassick.......RING GALESA-RIGARMI-BRESCIA (Left side of barrel)

Schneider & Glassick.......RAG (Left side of barrel flat in front of cylinder)

1860 Army....................RIGARMI (Left side of barrel) RAG (Left side of barrel flat in front of cylinder)

1851 Navy....................RAG (Left side of barrel flat in front of cylinder)

Remington Beals Army Model......RIGARMI (Left side of barrel)

Remington Beals Army Model......RIGARMI (Left side of barrel) RAG (On Butt)

Remington Beals Army Model......RAG (On Butt)

1860 Army Brass Frame Cut for Shoulder Stock......HAWES FIREARMS CO - LOS ANGELES -- CALIFORNIA (LtSd Barrel)
RAG(LtSd Barrel Flat) 44 CALIBER ARMY MODEL

Other observed revolvers was an 1860 Army marked the same as ours.

There was an 1860 Army on auction on Gun Broker that had some other interesting markings.......RIRARMI-MADE IN ITALY (Left side of barrel) RAG (Left side of barrel flat)
1860 ARMY TROOPER (Top of barrel) EMF.LA-CAL (On Butt)

The EMF and the Hawes are the only two thus far observed Importer/Distributor markings on Rigarmi revolvers. Rigarmi also produced modern firearms as well.
out the Rigarmi.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
He wants hard to find stuff not everyday stuff. Sides Pietta's just as good if not better and cheaper.
My 32 yr.old Colt Navy repro with the German Silver trim begs to differ...4 distinct "clicks" when the hammer is cocked - try getting that from a Pietta...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #13

Liked 76 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
My 32 yr.old Colt Navy repro with the German Silver trim begs to differ...4 distinct "clicks" when the hammer is cocked - try getting that from a Pietta...
Which is totally historically incorrect for a C&B. Two clicks is correct for a Colt C&B. Yours must be a tad out of time. Four clicks is correct for a SAA.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprevolver View Post

The EMF and the Hawes are the only two thus far observed Importer/Distributor markings on Rigarmi revolvers.
Mine is a 58 Remington Beals army model. It was made in 69. It had(defarbed now) Rigarmi on the left Barrel flat. RG on the loading lever and RAG on the butt. No importer/distributor markings at all.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Which is totally historically incorrect for a C&B. Two clicks is correct for a Colt C&B. Yours must be a tad out of time. Four clicks is correct for a SAA.
Be that as it may, it is definately NOT out of time, but being a replica it is machined much better than the "historically correct" version...

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
being a replica it is machined much better than the "historically correct" version...
That doesn't even make sense. They're all replicas, copies, clones, whatever you want to call them unless they're originals. Newer Pietta's and Uberti's are made on CNC machinery that wasn't around when yours was made=closer tolerances. Tell ya what. Watch close as you ease the hammer back slowly and see what's happening on those four clicks. The first click should be half cock. The second should be full cock and the bolt locking in at the same time.

I'll bet when you cock it slow your first click is half cock, second is bolt striking cylinder short of the notch, third is bolt locking in and fourth is hammer going to full cock. If so you're out of time just a tad.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. They're all replicas, copies, clones, whatever you want to call them unless they're originals. Newer Pietta's and Uberti's are made on CNC machinery that wasn't around when yours was made=closer tolerances. Tell ya what. Watch close as you ease the hammer back slowly and see what's happening on those four clicks. The first click should be half cock. The second should be full cock and the bolt locking in at the same time.

I'll bet when you cock it slow your first click is half cock, second is bolt striking cylinder short of the notch, third is bolt locking in and fourth is hammer going to full cock. If so you're out of time just a tad.

There's more involved when you cock a revolver than just the movement of the bolt and the hand. All of my BP revolvers including my Ruger Old Army, Spiller & Burr, & 1851 Colt Navy Pocket, have 3-4 clicks and the motion of the bolt is responsible for two of them. The first click is when the bolt retracts from the locked position, also the trigger moves into the half-cock position, this is two clicks (motion of the bolt moving down and motion of the trigger being locked into half cock), the third click is the bolt moving upward into the locked position (this also accompanies the movement of the "hand" to rotate the cylinder into battery), at this point if the hammer is allowed to move forward under spring tension BEFORE coming to full-cock, and then pulling it back into the full cock position there is another click. It's definately NOT out of timing even a small amount. Cylinder lock-up is precise and solid. I've had out-of-time revolvers and mostly they are due to frame stretch on cheap brass framed revolvers, like the Pietta (Western Arms) Sheriff's .44 Mod. I had which now "sleeps with the fish".

Last edited by RL357Mag; 04-30-2009 at 03:48 PM.