Pedersoli Flintlocks

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Pedersoli Flintlocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pedersoli Flintlocks

How are they? I've been doing some reaserch in my quest for a .32 caliber Flintlock. Something along the lines of a Pennsylvania Long Rifle. They have some nice looking rifles and good prices, but I'm new to this so I wonder about the quality.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #2

The 69 Charlleville is outstanding work
I use it for Reenacting Rev War
and hunting =(14 Ga smooth Bore )
If it their standerd you cant go wrong

When outnumbered 2 to 1.
Shoot twice!

Gopher

Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Pedersoli

Been shooting them for over 2 decades - good quality guns. When you leave their grade, you go to custom made guns that double and triple in cost.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #4

I bought one. Worse bore stuffer I ever owned. I was glad when the ole lady won it in the devorce.

I had an 1803 Harpers Ferry. First off, it wasnt an 1803. It was an 1803-14 a combo of designs over a few years. The trigger gaurd broke off, and I replaced it with a Rifle shoppe casted from an original. One heck of a fitting process.

The lock was pure garbage. The Frizzen spring was set to 300lbs, 7-10 is the norm. It sent the frizzen down range on the 8th shot. We ended up making a new one, seem they didnt have any spare for warranty parts.

I do not miss my fine blonde EX, or the rifle she took with her. Misery deserved company

Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkown Soldier View Post
I bought one. Worse bore stuffer I ever owned. I was glad when the ole lady won it in the devorce.

I had an 1803 Harpers Ferry. First off, it wasnt an 1803. It was an 1803-14 a combo of designs over a few years. The trigger gaurd broke off, and I replaced it with a Rifle shoppe casted from an original. One heck of a fitting process.

The lock was pure garbage. The Frizzen spring was set to 300lbs, 7-10 is the norm. It sent the frizzen down range on the 8th shot. We ended up making a new one, seem they didnt have any spare for warranty parts.

I do not miss my fine blonde EX, or the rifle she took with her. Misery deserved company
It sounds like you were unlucky enough to get a bad repro. From the ones I have shot and used I have had no problems at all. From owners I have heard very few bad things too. I would take a Pedersoli over those cheap made in India repro's.