Pedersoli Brown Bess
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Pedersoli Brown Bess

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pedersoli Brown Bess

I recently shot a brown bess and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these? For some reason it seems alot slower than the caplocks. I was wondering how much one might cost

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
PRM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Brown Bess

Been shooting a Brown Bess for about 25 years. Great guns - you got a big round ball or a shot gun if you want it. Flintlocks are different from caplocks but if it is working right and the primeing pan is not overcharged, they are pretty quick. Try a thin line of powder in the pan. I bought a Pedersoli Brown Bess Carbine off of Gun Broker about 6 months ago (New) for $825.00. Pedersoli makes one of the best. I have found flintlocks not to be as forgiving as caplocks. You get what you pay for, the higher quality the lock, the better it works. Flints are also another area you don't want to scrimp on. Dixie Gun Works has a good selection of English Flints. The cheaper flints won't give you as reliable ignition.