Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > only blackpowder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hawg ,I know it may sound weird ,but I use the original shells I take out the new powder and replace that with black powder,that's been done for twenty years now and never had any problems
That's cool. Like I said, with the nitro proofs you're not likely to hurt anything. Heck I've used modern smokeless shells in 2 1/2 inch damascus chambers when I was young and dumb and never had a problem. (kids, don't try this at home) I just think it may pattern better with shorter shells but if you're happy with the way it shoots thats fine too.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Understood I'm just paranoid about using my old Antiques. We have an old Springfield 1861 & a duplicate from Taylor's that I shoot often. The original is for show. Did you get rid of them?
yes I sold them to start my collection of American guns,an old picture from over twenty years ago, not very clear though ,the guns showed with the chief where Italian replica's and sold them too,
The old shotty is the only gun I kept from the previous collection,beeing a family heirloom it stay's in the family
I got a first generation colt ,never fired ,never dry fired,and in 100% new condition ,and you can say ..hey, no gun is a safe queen in my house ,but the idea of firing that gun would make me go crazy too