New to BPMZ
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > New to BPMZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default New to BPMZ

I'm new to black powder muzzel loading, have reapired quite a few of them; butu have nevery hunted with them. I have a chance next season to go to a place where it is either stick& strings or Black Powder only, oppting on the BP! I know there are so many new products out there, and not jutus in the guns themselves; but the powder, and bullets...I could go with building a breakopen on an old stvens 94 action/frame, or should I just go get a modern one already ready to go.

"seas an fód"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

When I first decide to go BP hunting somewhere I first check the rules and regs. For example "pelletized" powder is illegal to use for hunting in some states (Colorado). I would check out what is legal first then decide the gear second. Just my 2 pennies.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default BP hunting

Good point. I will contact the FLFWC and find out exactly what are the requirements. Especially what type of equipment can be used? Sights, primer system, in-line etc. never even considered the powder type an issue; good to know. I’m looking to either build or purchase depending on mood at the moment, an accurate hard hitting muzzleloader that will be able to take down a 900 pound critter. Would like the lean up and fouling be at a minimum. The area where the hunting will be is an large island surrounded by a shallow bay, tidal swamps, and marshes, so it’s looking towards some from or stainless or corrosion protection.

"seas an fód"