need some help please
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > need some help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default need some help please

i have a double barrel muzzle loader shotgun from the mid to late 1800's the stock has been broken completely off... there are no markings on the gun whatsoever except for a N and a star above it and what looks like some sort odd shaped stamp in the barrel. does anyone know where i can find another one? the shotgun can not be fired but would be a nice wall piece if complete. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much

Last edited by marlin-owner; 01-02-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My friend has several double barrel shotguns from the black powder days that use a 2 1/2" cartridge & I am sure he'd love to sell them. The gun would still have to be transferred through an FFL on your end...

Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #3

I think I'd start at Numrich : Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

BDH.....I might be interested in the double BP.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #4

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
i have a double barrel muzzle loader shotgun from the mid to late 1800's the stock has been broken completely off... there are no markings on the gun whatsoever except for a N and a star above it and what looks like some sort odd shaped stamp in the barrel. does anyone know where i can find another one? the shotgun can not be fired but would be a nice wall piece if complete. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much

Need pics with good clear closeups of all the markings. Your best bet tho is if you have the old stock is having it repaired or having one of the gun builders make you another one. There were thousands upon thousands of muzzle loading shotguns imported during that time. A lot aren't even identifiable as to who made it.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

there are pretty much no markings on the shotgun. ill try to get a pic of the marking but it is very very small. you need a magnifying glass to see. ill check into some local gunsmiths too

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #6

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Set your camera for macro pics and they'll show up very well. Also look under the barrels for markings if you haven't already.