need help identifying black powder pistol please
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > need help identifying black powder pistol please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need help identifying black powder pistol please

hey guys from time to time i come across vintage firearms and i really dont have any knowledge of them was hopeing someone may know what this item is or could maybe direct me to someone who may know something about it.it does need some restoration but it looks quite old to me.i am unsure if it is a real weapon or if its possibly some type of prop? any info would be greatly appreciated.i dont know how to post pics on a forum so i added a link to my photobucket account.thanks in advance for any help guys !!

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/manowar2888/black%20powder/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9550 Times on 4109 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

At first glance, looks like a decorator item made for the tourist trade, and not as a firearm. To post pics directly, have them in your computer, and use the little paperclip icon above where you are typing- just to the right of the white smiley face.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #3

Liked 764 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 240

"At first glance, looks like a decorator item made for the tourist trade, and not as a firearm. "

I agree. I don't believe it is real.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #4

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

It looks like a decorative piece or old movie/stage prop to me as well. The workmanship is very poor and it just looks off up close, but from 10-20 feet away looks fine.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

It's junk. Has some modern looking screws. The ramrod is fake. It's poorly made. In terrible condition. Even if it was real I would never consider buying or shooting it. I've seen better made replicas for under $80.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #6

ok thanks guys i appreciate the info,i had a feeling it may have been junk but the metal on it looked so old and worn i thought perhaps it was a very old item.thanks again for takeing the time to look at the item for me i appreciate it.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #7

An easy way to tell also if you have a reproduction is look at the barrel. In the old days they did not mark them "use black powder only" This is just a general remark as I did not look at the pic aft reading the more informed replies.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #8

Default Vintage black power pistol

[QUOTE=manowar2888;910707]hey guys from time to time i come across vintage firearms and i really dont have any knowledge of them was hopeing someone may know what this item is or could maybe direct me to someone who may know something about it.it does need some restoration but it looks quite old to me.i am unsure if it is a real weapon or if its possibly some type of prop? any info would be greatly appreciated.i dont know how to post pics on a forum so i added a link to my photobucket account.thanks in advance for any help guys !!

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/manowar2888/black%20powder/[/QUOTE

Before you agree with someone on line , just looking at That so called piece of JUNK. Remember the old saying, something , like "you can not tell a book by is cover" I would take it as a grain of salt. you did not mention any perticulars , such as where you bought it , and any info on the barrel ect.
I agree with the remark concerning , the pistol would not have Blk Powdr
Only. if it was authentic;.or new type screws ect. However some one may have done a little smithing on there own, and not knowing what they were doing. If you have determined is authentic or not , take it to gun dealer or smith . I looked closley at the pics.,and I was not able to give a positive yes or no; I am not a expert, so after you find out let us know , You may have , the same people that said it is junk, Now askiing $$HOW MUCH!!! DUDE Good luck.