Navy Arms Rem 1858 Engraved Cased Set
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Navy Arms Rem 1858 Engraved Cased Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Navy Arms Rem 1858 Engraved Cased Set

I purchased this set this past weekend and can find little to no information on the net so far. I did find the RPRCA site and a photo of this set
NARemingtonEngrC

Is there a particular website or book that would detail things such as date of manufacture, number of sets produced, current value, etc? I would appreciate any help with information or direction to research.
Thanks Much,
Dennis

I tried to post this a bit ago as a repsonse to an older post but didn't seem to work so if double post I appologize.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2009, 12:55 AM   #2

Ok, I've found some information this evening. The BlueBook has a pdf file of modern black powder markings and their interpretations. My gun has the Uberti stamp and by the XX9 marking was produced in 1973. I did also find out from another source these guns were hand engraved by different Italian engravers and most were made by Pietta and some lesser quantity by Uberti but no mention about how many were made by each manufacturer or what current market for them were.

Any other information would be appreciated.
Dennis

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Interesting. I have several 1970's and 80's replica Colt and other revolvers and never thought to check on their value. I'll have to give the Blue Book a look!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"