Markwell Arms sear spring
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Markwell Arms sear spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Markwell Arms sear spring

Hey guys, I was given a Markwell Arms muzzleloader rifle in .45 this weekend. I was going through the lock and cleaning all the parts and smoothing up all the functional surfaces when I broke the sear spring during reassembly. Where in the world can I find another one? There's not much of a return if you Google Markwell Arms.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10184 Times on 4397 Posts
Likes Given: 1617

Try Dixie Gun Works.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Try Dixie Gun Works.
Thanks shooter, but that was the first place I looked. Is it possible that some springs are semi-interchangeable?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10184 Times on 4397 Posts
Likes Given: 1617

Sorry, did not mean to give you a snappy response, was suddenly pushed for time here. Yes, many are interchangeable, shapeable, fileable, etc. Assume this may be a leaf style spring found in many muzzleloader locks? If you can find a real honest to God gunsmith, he should be able to replace the spring for you- especially if you have the pieces of the old one. Bending and tempering springs is a "stock in trade" thing for a smith. Not a parts replacer, but a smith. There is a difference. You may not find a "drop in" made for your brand, but If you can check with Dixie, bet they can find you one that is close enough to be fitted. "Track of the Wolf" is another muzzlelaoder source worth checking.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #5

No need to apologize. Yes it is a leaf-style spring. Actually, I was able to make another spring from scrap sheet metal I found in the shop. It's not good as new but at least I'm up and shooting now. Although, I'll definitely need to find a better replacement before hunting season this fall.