knight wolverine 209 50 cal

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > knight wolverine 209 50 cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default knight wolverine 209 50 cal

I would like some advise on this gun that I can't seem to find by myself. I bought it at a pawnshop and need to convert it to #11 or musket cap ignition which is the only legal priming in Idaho for hunting. I have converted to the 900023 breech plug and 1/4x28 nipples, both musket cap and #11 cap nipples. I THINK I am good to go now, but am wondering if I need to change or alter the 209 hammer from the conical pointed detonator machined into the hammer nose for use with these other caps to prevent a possible problem. Knight rifles told me I was OK, but I want to ask you guys to avoid having a ruptured cap blow gas back in my face and ruining my day. Any problems with this set-up that anyone can foresee with this, such as fired caps getting hung up in the hammer face, etc. I love the rifle, but I would have avoided it if I had thought I needed to go to this trouble to get it compliant with Idaho law. Oh well....... BTW it's an earlier Tony Knight stainless gun I believe. Ser# is S008487. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here