Joseph Golcher Percussion Shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Joseph Golcher Percussion Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Joseph Golcher Percussion Shotgun

I just bought this and was wondering if anyone knew anything about its age or maker? Locks are engraved joseph Golcher and it was sold as a 10 gauge. thanks

percussion-001.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #2

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Golcher was a lock maker. His locks are found on guns from a lot of different manufacturers from around 1830 to around 1860. You can pull the barrels and might find markings there to identify it but it's most likely an American made gun and wont have any.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #3

Default Golcher

Thanks Hawg

Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #4

Default JOseph Golcher Shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
I just bought this and was wondering if anyone knew anything about its age or maker? Locks are engraved joseph Golcher and it was sold as a 10 gauge. thanks
I recently purchased a Joseph Golcher Shotgun. It has his name on the Lock and a large "G" monogramed on the metal between the dual barrels. I believe it is a Golcher shotgun because of the G on the barrel. From what I have read many gunsmiths used the locks and the muzzleloaders were named for who made the barrel. Many barrels are unmarked. My shotgun is very similar in appearance to yours. I have not taken any photos of the gun yet.
Greg Milller

Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #5

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

It's possible but not likely. Course I've been wrong before.

Last edited by Hawg; 11-29-2010 at 01:40 AM.