I'm interested in getting a flintlock musket/shotgun in Canada
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > I'm interested in getting a flintlock musket/shotgun in Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I'm interested in getting a flintlock musket/shotgun in Canada

I'm looking for something that will endure shooting and hunting, but not be overly expensive. what would be your choice for a good qualityflintlock musket or shotgun but at the lowest safe price possible?
I know about the Indian made muskets and such, I'm looking for the most bang for the buck and not something meant to stay on the wall and look pretty. I want something for hunting and target shooting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I've heard good things about these.
replica guns for sale, Pedersoli is historical firearms and guns.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Traditions is suposed to be a budget-friendly brand. I have a little sidelock pistol from them that i really have enjoyed; it was on sale for $150. The flintlock long guns will be a good bit more.

PA-Pellet-50-cal-flintlock-select-hardwood-blued-Information

I'm not up for flint yet, but this caplock looks like a real steal to me: Hawken .50 Caliber Percussion Black Laminate/Nickel-Information
Check out the Special Offers area, though i didn't see any flintlocks.

Why Flint over caps? It seems like the flint people are more into the nostalgia and replica side of things than the cap-poppers.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Traditions is suposed to be a budget-friendly brand. I have a little sidelock pistol from them that i really have enjoyed; it was on sale for $150. The flintlock long guns will be a good bit more.

PA-Pellet-50-cal-flintlock-select-hardwood-blued-Information

I'm not up for flint yet, but this caplock looks like a real steal to me: Hawken .50 Caliber Percussion Black Laminate/Nickel-Information
Check out the Special Offers area, though i didn't see any flintlocks.

Why Flint over caps? It seems like the flint people are more into the nostalgia and replica side of things than the cap-poppers.
I was asking about muskets, not rifles. muskets have smoothbores, rifles have rifled bores.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
KAB

Default Not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
I was asking about muskets, not rifles. muskets have smoothbores, rifles have rifled bores.
Muskets have rifled bores too , if they are rifled muskets

Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Blackdragon, about 15 years ago I bought a .54 flintlock Lyman Trade Rifle and a local gunsmith reamed it out to .62 smoothbore for me. He charged me $150. It was cheaper than buying a musket..... and I could buy another .54 rifled barrel if I ever wanted it.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB View Post
Muskets have rifled bores too , if they are rifled muskets
a musket is a smooth bore, a rifle has a rifled bore. the term "rifled musket" is a oxymoron and only used since the name "rifle" was unfamiliar to the troops, so they simply mashed the name together.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofitg View Post
Blackdragon, about 15 years ago I bought a .54 flintlock Lyman Trade Rifle and a local gunsmith reamed it out to .62 smoothbore for me. He charged me $150. It was cheaper than buying a musket..... and I could buy another .54 rifled barrel if I ever wanted it.
well, this sounds interesting. that would make your "musket" a little bigger than 20 gauge. nice. I might look into this, thank you.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #9

PS, I don't know how you delete posts on this site, so bear with the non-multi-quoted responses.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
KAB

Default Multi posted unquoted responces

Quote:
PS, I don't know how you delete posts on this site, so bear with the non-multi-quoted responses.
I will pressume you did not buy your Indian CARBINE Musket then if this thread is still going on ?
Or did you , and then send it back ?
Hopefull you will keep us posted when you find what you like .