I need sage experienced advice on BP substitutes - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > I need sage experienced advice on BP substitutes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
KAB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I tend to migrate to the WartHog loads too in the R and S

Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #12

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The front sight on the service Mdl. does not look right. Nice guns. Euroarms has dropped them from production. DPS builds a custom R&S special order $1,300 dollars. No storage is not a problem. It should be kept in a cool dry dark place. I had some 30 year old Pyrodex which had been opened and it worked just fine.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
KAB

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
The front sight on the service Mdl. does not look right. Nice guns. Euroarms has dropped them from production. DPS builds a custom R&S special order $1,300 dollars. No storage is not a problem. It should be kept in a cool dry dark place. I had some 30 year old Pyrodex which had been opened and it worked just fine.
Thats the experience I was looking for , thank you !

Umm yup your right , the front sight on the Standard Model is a Soldered on Lyman .
I couldn't hit crap with the brass pin that came stock .

Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #14
KAB

The Lyman I used was a small bead on top of the base blade , works very well . I think it came out well too , not a bad solder job , so far its stayed on , years later . Even punished by Tripple 777 , obviously .

Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1732 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

Nice lookers for sure.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

KAB it is nice to find another shooter who has discovered the Rogers & Spencer. I have a friend here in Wyoming who has one. I have tried and own a number of C&B handguns. I am a shooter so my favorites are the R&S and the ROA.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
KAB

Default Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
KAB it is nice to find another shooter who has discovered the Rogers & Spencer. I have a friend here in Wyoming who has one. I have tried and own a number of C&B handguns. I am a shooter so my favorites are the R&S and the ROA.
Bummer that Euroarms has stopped making them . One of thier stupider desicions for sure . I hope if someone else picks up the Euroarms dies for the R and S models they keep it to the tight standards that Euroarms had set for the R and S . To give it to Pietta would be a travisty probably unless they make a special department in Pietta like they did for the LeMat revolvers stricktly for the R and S . Lets hope Uberti gets the dies or wants the dies . Not many people can afford or desire a David Pedersoli R and S , so were screwed apparently in the market of getting a reasonably priced reproduction of the R and S anymore . I bought both of mine for under $350 each new, but notice whats left of them are over $400 to $450 if you can find one ?
Bad part of all this is Euroarms made so many dang models of this gun , some even with Walther Barrels , engraved models too , and now were can't get any of them anymore , well that just bites
Unfortunately if you have never shot a R and S , your desire for one is low because you probably don't think the price is justifiable at $450 .
The scurge of $150 to $200 mediocre revolvers with crappy finish and ugly trigger pulled Piettas has ruined the market for Mid-Range revolvers like the wonderfully accurate and beautifully finished R and S .
That , and people are stupid mostly and really dont understand quality comes with a price

And yes , DurangoKid , it is always good to see someone else with one , as I KNOW they understand , and also probably dont think like normal people either .
Which is a good thing !
So I am am hanging onto mine , untill they pry um from my cold dead freekin hands .