Good Black Powder Rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Good Black Powder Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I'm a traditionalist, I don't own an inline. To me a muzzleloader is a sidelock replica of an historical firearm. I've never agreed that they should be part of the Muzzleloading season because of the obvious advantages they offer over a traditional percussion or especially a flintlock gun.
I agree with that except I'll include the TC, Investarms, CVA Hawkens, etc. even tho they're not a copy of anything historical. They do bear some resemblance to some of the plains rifles and they are good guns with a traditional look to them.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
I agree with that except I'll include the TC, Investarms, CVA Hawkens, etc. even tho they're not a copy of anything historical. They do bear some resemblance to some of the plains rifles and they are good guns with a traditional look to them.
While we're at it, I'll add the Lyman Trade and Great Plains rifles..always wanted one, but never had the money when I was younger, so all of mine were CVA or Dixie kits, with the exception of my T/C New Englander.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #13

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

The Lyman GPR is about as close to a real Hawken as you can get in a reasonably priced production rifle. There's some minor differences but they'll pass muster at most voos where the TC's, CVA's, etc won't

Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If you want to buy a quality replica sidelock and have money to blow or get replica materials to build your own, go to Track of the Wolf - Muzzle Loading & Black Powder Guns Kits, Parts, Accoutrements, Rendezvous Gear & Primitive Americana. That is where I get all my traditional materials for camping and black powder shooting.

Tags
black, muzzleloader, powder, rifle, westgate