Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > get it started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default get it started

Hows it going guys. Heres the story. So my great great grand father was in the civil war, and ever since them my family has been into shooting muskets. Everything from competitions to lets go have some fun. But are rifle was lost to a house fire about two years ago. So now that i 18 i decided to take up the family sport. I have spent the last couple of months accembling some parts to get started on building a rifle. Now i dont know a hole lot about rifles so i been learning along the way. I have been trying to build a complete U.S. rifle. been getting all my parts with the U.S. stamp on them has been quite a chalenge. but has you can amagin the have there whare and tear. Any suggestion how to clean up old metel??? Now muskets are triditinaly smothy bore but i was wondering if there where ever any rifled barels back in the civil war era

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here