Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > genesis, are they good guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default genesis, are they good guns?

i have found a sale on remington genesis muzzleloader, its a blue barrel camo stock for $215.00 shipped. is this a good deal?, and are they good guns? all i've ever owned are cva's, and lately i've had trouble with the action being a little looser than i'd like. i noticed the remington doesn't break open but has a cam that opens, so thanks for any help you can give me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I own a Remington Genesis. I think its a pretty nice muzzle loader for the price. I would say that about $215 seems about right. I think when they first came out Cabelas was selling them for $199.
I took it hunting this year, didnt run into any elk but have shot it 100+ times this year for fun. Functions great, no probs so far.
My experience with Remington is they always stand behind their products.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

The Remington Genesis is has been a closeout item for the better part of a year. They have been discontinued...

Base model in camo stock is going for $199 at several outlets right now. Good deal for a good inline. That gun is regurlarly about $350 retail. You can get one in black synthetic for $169 reg $299

Not sure if parts will be available in the future or not, but I would not hesitate to buy one if I needed one right now...

Jmho

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 12-10-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Several of the people who regularly shoot at my place own and swear by them I have never shot one, I hunt with side locks and only own one inline, but I do know of several hunters who have had clean kills out to over 150 yards with them. I do think that you might be able to do a little better on the price.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel