Freedom Arms Cap & Ball Mini Revolver
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Freedom Arms Cap & Ball Mini Revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Freedom Arms Cap & Ball Mini Revolver

In 1985, I ordered from Freedom Arms a .22 cal. cap & ball mini revolver with factory engraving, factory scrimshawed elephant ivory grips, and a factory deluxe gold and silver highlighted belt buckle. The pistol is unfired, the cylinder is unturned, and came with all accessories needed for firing. Any idea as to current value with factory options?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Probably pushing a grand worth of ivory alone...

I'd love to have it. But no way I could afford it.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

For comparison, here are two basic Freedom Arms .22 cal. mini revolvers and a Freedom Arms basic belt buckle, that I previously purchased from Freedom Arms. One mini revolver having the basic plastic grips, the other mini revolver having the optional wood grips. Both being unfired with unturned cylinders and with all accessories for firing.

Last edited by Clermont; 11-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

The value is what someone is willing to pay. How big is the market for a for a .22 mini C&B. It really falls into a novelty area.

Not to discourage, but NAA, who is now making a very similar design gun (in fact the company the took over after FA went out of the mini business) are going NIB for between $150 - $200 on Gun Broker.

Sid Ryan does aftermarket custom engraving on the minis and charges $150 for 90% coverage. http://sidryan2.com/services.html

The big enhancer would be the grips. I've bought quite a few pre-ban elephant ivory grips for guns. All have been aftermarket and none put on by a manufacturer. If they are pre-ban elephant, your looking at between $200-$300 on the grips alone and around $150 for the scrimshaw. If they are polymer ivory - your looking at around $50.00 total.

Being that it is a factory job, you might run across a FA collector who would jump on it.

Last edited by PRM; 11-16-2013 at 12:55 PM.
towboater Likes This 
Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

Clermont, why don't you post pics and questions on the NAA Forum. There are some really knowledgeable folks on the minis on that site.

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

Last edited by PRM; 11-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRM View Post
Clermont, why don't you post pics and questions on the NAA Forum. There are some really knowledgeable folks on the minis on that site.

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0
I'll have to check to see if I previously posted the photos on the NAA Forum. The problem is, I usually get a Blue Book quote for a basic pistol in 100% condition. The Blue Book lacks any values for the scrimshawed ivory grips, engraving or deluxe belt buckle.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #7

Liked 763 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Clermont, I am curious as to what you personally guess the value at.
Real value is only determined by what someone else will actually pay. I personally can not imagine there are many collectors for a special order mini revolver. But obviously that is only a guess on my part.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Clermont, I am curious as to what you personally guess the value at.
Real value is only determined by what someone else will actually pay. I personally can not imagine there are many collectors for a special order mini revolver. But obviously that is only a guess on my part.
Unfortunately, I am unable to appraise my Freedom Arms mini revolver, but for the first time, on this forum, PRM has volunteered values beyond the cost of a basic mini revolver previously posted on other website forums.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #9

These are two North American Arms Limited Edition Companion .22 cal. cap & ball mini revolvers I acquired in 1997. The Edge Company, a mail order firm, special ordered from North American Arms 3,000 sets, each set containing a LR and Magnum size revolver and having the same serial number. What is unusual about these revolvers is the cylinders are fluted, unlike the standard model, and have selected areas that are gold plated. Each revolver is boxed with accessories for shooting, a zippered vinyl pouch and a suede clip-on holster. As I am a collector, not a shooter, both revolvers are unfired with unturned cylinders.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #10

Here is a picture of one of the mini revolver presentation cases I acquired, years ago, from Freedom Arms.