Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Easiest kit flintlock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Easiest kit flintlock

64 years old I'm new to BP and love it.Purchased in June a new Lyman Deerstalker in .50 caliber-very happy.Now I want Kentucky/Pennsylvania type of longrifle.I like the savings available by buying a kit package but question how hard is it to build.My hands are poor due to corporal tunnell surgery.Who offers the easiest to assemble.I can easily do the staining of the stock and barrel.Fine chisel work would be a problem.
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Check Track of the Wolf they have some kit guns. I have built a Lyman Great Plains Rifle and it was not to hard.
F.K.

Thats why they call it hunting and not grocery shopping

Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #3

Track does have some nice kits...but you gonna be able to do much sanding due to that surgery? Their longrifle stocks aren't cut for the buttplate either, something else to consider.
My little flintlock longrifle was built from the ground up by a gentleman in Georgia...would I have attempted it? No.