Dont know squat - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket >

Dont know squat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #41
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg

You know, this deal with me - I'm ok with; as a started this conversation out, I said I didn't really have a hankering or need for this gun. I was just sitting around bored and found what I thought was a good deal; I don't even know if it was. So I think this worked out well. Had it been something I really had wanted or invested some serious coin in, it may have had a different impact. The dad said he was a small time self employed contractor, but did ask how much I had invested in it. I told him getting the gun back to him is what really matters, he truly sounded grateful. So, I think this one worked out well. Your deal probably had a bigger impact because you knew these folks. I think my hardest part was - how to start the conversation with dad....
Yeah,...I had to have a few of those "this is why your son didn't come home" conversations with a Parent or two...very painful for anyone involved....
Regardless,..you did a good thing,..what we'd call a "Mitzva" (A Blessing in Hebrew)....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #42
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1443 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
You know, this deal with me - I'm ok with; as a started this conversation out, I said I didn't really have a hankering or need for this gun. I was just sitting around bored and found what I thought was a good deal; I don't even know if it was. So I think this worked out well. Had it been something I really had wanted or invested some serious coin in, it may have had a different impact. The dad said he was a small time self employed contractor, but did ask how much I had invested in it. I told him getting the gun back to him is what really matters, he truly sounded grateful. So, I think this one worked out well. Your deal probably had a bigger impact because you knew these folks. I think my hardest part was - how to start the conversation with dad....
You done real good!!!
artbrownsr Likes This 
Old 10-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #43
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 763 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1706

Well, it is done. Met dad tonight and had a good visit about the boy and the gun, family, and the good and the bad, and the happy and the sad. Bottom line is, dad is a really good, down to earth guy. Hunter, gather, shooter type. He was very grateful to have the gun.
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 589 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 673

I'de give you more likes if the Admins/Mods would allow it but YOU DID GOOD and I hope you pass this kind of culture on to your offspring!

Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #45
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 763 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1706

Thanks much