Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > CVA 9v electrip black powder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default CVA 9v electrip black powder

I found a place that has a pretty good sale on these guys, anyone have any experience with them? looking for hands on experience please.

thank you,

I am intrigued with the trigger stating it is a switch not a "trigger" so pull is different.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgttessnc View Post
I found a place that has a pretty good sale on these guys, anyone have any experience with them? looking for hands on experience please.

thank you,

I am intrigued with the trigger stating it is a switch not a "trigger" so pull is different.
I have one with the stainless barrel. Even with a 1:28 twist, it shoots the hornady round ball with a .010 patch very well (talking 3/4" group at 50 yards). It's a nice gun for when the weather is bad and you don't want to have to fool with keeping your powder dry (my other one is a rocklock).

Old 03-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #3

Liked 1085 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

Not No, But Hell No......................

When all else fails.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Not No, But Hell No......................
If you are referring to the fact that it is not a side lock, or an inline, then quit being snobbish!
By the same token, all the inlines came out for was to allow a bunch of lazier shooters to hunt an extra week or two in the black powder season. That's why several states are going back to sidelocks only during the BP season, which I agree with.
What I find so amusing is so many people talk trash about the gun, and they have never even handled or shot one. It's one of the most accurate BP rifles I own, and is more accurate than a few of the centerfire ones I have. Shoots pelleted powder fine, but I prefer the real stuff myself (Goex FFFg) for all my smoking needs. Also, the trigger (being a switch) is one of the nicest I've shot (other than the 1981 Argentine with a replacement Hubert Concepts trigger that I have).

Old 03-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdperry View Post
It's a nice gun for when the weather is bad and you don't want to have to fool with keeping your powder dry (my other one is a rocklock).
I've been caught out in some pretty good rain and snow storms with my little flintlock and it never made me wish I had one of those electric jobs. Besides...that's what my caplocks are for if I were to get too lazy to not wanna bother with my flinter.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #6

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Agreed, Quigley. Its too bad that we dont have any commons sense on the Fish and Game commission here, to put it back like we first designed it.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Quantrill View Post
Agreed, Quigley. Its too bad that we dont have any commons sense on the Fish and Game commission here, to put it back like we first designed it.
I didn't get mine to get an extra week or two of hunting in (in fact, in my county in Texas there is not even a muzzle loader period). I use them for all bigger game hunting during normal season (deer, hog, 'yote, etc.). If they had a BP only season, I'd be using my flinter or the percussion we just got or my ROA revolver.