Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Conversion to 209 primer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default Conversion to 209 primer

I have a old CVA Apollo inline, it isn't one of the recall models from what I can see, the serial number ends in 97. This gun has always shot relatively good though last year when I got it out and started sighting in with some new bullets I had trouble getting ignition. I took it apart and tinkered with it and got it to go after about 10 misfires then it worked properly afterwards. My question is does anyone know if there was ever a kit available to convert this Apollo to a 209? My percussion caps are old and some are gone bad from dampness or whatever and I would just as soon convert it then keep using the caps, they are a pain in my opinion.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 2937

Never converted an Apollo to 209 ignition. i've converted a lot of the later models; all they need is the breech plug pictured at the link. If your striker does not have a firing pin, it will have to be replaced too.

Cva Replacement 209 Breech Plug, Black Powder, Cva at Sportsman's Guide

Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Never converted an Apollo to 209 ignition. i've converted a lot of the later models; all they need is the breech plug pictured at the link. If your striker does not have a firing pin, it will have to be replaced too.

Cva Replacement 209 Breech Plug, Black Powder, Cva at Sportsman's Guide
I'm going to call CVA directly as it says on their website and ask about it Monday when they open, if not it gives me good reason to go gun shopping