Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Blackpowder & Musket (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Cap quality ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/cap-quality-57768/)

KAB 02-15-2012 11:08 AM

Cap quality ?

Anyone else gotten any bad Caps lately ?
I bought two cans of Remingtons a few weeks ago in #10 and #11 and both are crud , only 70% ignite ? Even some of my new CCI caps don't light ?
I have CCI caps that are 12 years old that light every time but am running low on them .
I am wondering if this is the gun grabbers plot or just very bad QC ?
The Remington caps say on the package 40% Hotter . Umm well , uhh , they got to go off first right , lordy lordy .
Anyone here use RWS/Noble caps ?
I see Winchester makes them now too , anyone use them ?
Whats your experience lately folks and thoughts ?
Thanks

HockaLouis 02-15-2012 11:53 AM

I haven't but caps are kinda new fangled for me -- I am just willing to use guns that require them. And when I do I make my own with a Tap-o-Cap.

'course someone (cough-KAB-cough) was telling us inlines were OK despite their being souless modern solutions looking for a problem as well as catering to the folk who drag their dusty gun out of the corner of the closet once a year to mistake other hunters for a scrub deer. But, as we were also told, they use shotgun primers so we should gravitate towards them. I see someone selling us a bill of goods.

Next it'll be flints, breach plugs, real wood, cut checkering, blued steel and iron sights that are going "bad" lately. Is this thread a coincidence? Oh no, I don't think so...

KAB 02-15-2012 12:05 PM

Hee hee hee

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 709256)
I haven't but caps are kinda new fangled for me -- I am just willing to use guns that require them. And when I do I make my own with a Tap-o-Cap. 'course someone (cough-KAB-cough) was telling us inlines were OK despite their being souless modern solutions looking for a problem as well as catering to the folk who drag their dusty gun out of the corner of the closet once a year to mistake other hunters for a scrub deer. Oh, and they use 209 size shotgun primers so we should gravitate towards them. I see someone selling us a bill of goods.

Coincidence? I don't think so...

Hee hee hee , well there is some sage cap-o-tap advice at least :D

I think I may buy a Knight Rifle just because of you :)
It would never see a deer , but it would see targets .
Does that make me soul-less too , LOL ................Hee hee hee .
In-Lines are ok , people are not ok . I know thats tough for you to swallow , gulp gulp gulp , gag gag gag , puke puke puke :D

Here's the evolution : hand cannons , and ( in-lines ) , matchlocks , and ( in-lines ) , wheellocks , and ( in-lines ) , Flinter Hiss-Boommer, and ( in-lines ) , percussion Boomers , and In-lines . All cap and ball revolvers are in-lines ! LOL
Hard to choke down that you use percussion guns at all , now isnt it , LOL

I love hypocracy , its hillarious . Now which Knight Rifle do I want , hmmm ? I am engraving your name on it for sure in honor .

HockaLouis 02-16-2012 03:03 AM

I musta missed all those historic in-line pieces -- I don't have TV. Show us pics o'some'o those classics, would ya?

I would buy an in-line too -- just to demo how God-awful the "state of the art" has become. That's why they called them "modern in-lines" -- design and material, not that they existed before as they didn't. And eventually I'd sell it, and its unbreakable bendy ramrod, to, yes, someone who has no soul but wants to go hunting when no-one will see him miss.

KAB 02-16-2012 03:32 AM

Good one !

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 710139)
I musta missed all those historic in-line pieces -- I don't have TV. Show us pics o'some'o those classics, would ya?

I would buy an in-line too -- just to demo how God-awful the "state of the art" has become. That's why they called them "modern in-lines" -- design and material, not that they existed before as they didn't. And eventually I'd sell it, and its unbreakable bendy ramrod, to, yes, someone who has no soul but wants to go hunting when no-one will see him miss.

Good one ! All these comedians out of work and here you are doin it for free:D
Google is your friend . Look it up yourself ;)
Not all in-liners are like you , remember that :p Some actually have ethics .

Durangokid 02-16-2012 03:44 AM

I bought 1,000 Remingtons from Cabelas in Oct. I have fired about 500. The new Remington caps have been perfect in my ROAs.:) I have had too many FTFs from the CCI caps.

kvititoe1 07-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid
I bought 1,000 Remingtons from Cabelas in Oct. I have fired about 500. The new Remington caps have been perfect in my ROAs.:) I have had too many FTFs from the CCI caps.

Agreed. I've always had good luck with the Remington. I had too many problems with the cci and I even tried the Winchester and so far Remington have been tried and true.

Hawg 07-09-2013 02:42 PM

I get too many Remingtons that the priming compound has fallen out of. I haven't had a problem with CCI. Winchester's are repackaged CCI's.