Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Cajun Pawn Stars

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: wyoming
Posts: 1,799
Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

I know two of the regulars on Pawn Stars LV. This is all show nothing real about it. They are booked well in advance and take hours of shooting to get the few minutes you see. Both of the fellows I know are gun dealers in high grade old guns. They have them bring the guns in for the film shoot. They are paid to appear and can not say how much. PS This was a nice Black Powder Gun Shop for many years.

__________________
Durangokid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RevDerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Snover, MI
Posts: 212
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'm going to stop reading this thread before there aren't any tv shows left that I enjoy watching.

__________________
VietNam Era Vet. USN/USNR NRA, GOA
"If you desire peace, prepare for war."
RevDerb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cattledog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 1,459
Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDerb View Post
I'm going to stop reading this thread before there aren't any tv shows left that I enjoy watching.
On the upside. There is no other show that highlights the lost art of donkey farm negotiation. More of a science really...
__________________
Join the NRA Here!


"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Cattledog is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Was there.

I took my wife and two sons age 10 and 13 (won't tell you my wife's age) to Silver Dollar Pawn today as we were passing through and had time to kill. Alexandria is between where we live and my home town. I saw 'Big Daddy' and asked him to shake son's hand because he is a fan I was very surprised and proud that Jimmie spent about 5 minutes talking to my son. Not me, my son. And he was somewhat busy at the time and still took time with my child. During this time he told us that Tracy Lawerence was there to make an episode. My point is that of course this show and others are somewhat fake, but this is TV. If it entertains us we watch it. The closest thing to true reality TV is the news.
Also, my oldest son and I did our best to get in several shots as background customers, so if you watch that episode you may see us.
One more thing, we were told that the shop is not shut down for filming, and that was very true. Real customers like ourselves were coming and going and purchasing.
What I saw FWIW.

__________________
tubacka is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubacka View Post
I took my wife and two sons age 10 and 13 (won't tell you my wife's age) to Silver Dollar Pawn today as we were passing through and had time to kill. Alexandria is between where we live and my home town. I saw 'Big Daddy' and asked him to shake son's hand because he is a fan I was very surprised and proud that Jimmie spent about 5 minutes talking to my son. Not me, my son. And he was somewhat busy at the time and still took time with my child. During this time he told us that Tracy Lawerence was there to make an episode. My point is that of course this show and others are somewhat fake, but this is TV. If it entertains us we watch it. The closest thing to true reality TV is the news.
Also, my oldest son and I did our best to get in several shots as background customers, so if you watch that episode you may see us.
One more thing, we were told that the shop is not shut down for filming, and that was very true. Real customers like ourselves were coming and going and purchasing.
What I saw FWIW.
The old man's name is Jimmie? I always wondered what it was.

I'm glad to hear that they are nice, and it's cool that they don't close the shop for filming. I don't care if it is faked, they show some pretty cool stuff, and they (the original pawn stars) usually get their facts right.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Yep

They were as real as you and me. I was so proud that he took the time to spend with my son it almost brought me to tears. Also....I spent a few bucks there. The prices weren't bad, but they were also negotiable.

__________________
tubacka is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

If I'm ever in Vegas, I'll stop by. How was their gun selection/prices?

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,989
Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
If I'm ever in Vegas, I'll stop by. How was their gun selection/prices?
He's talking bout down in Louisiana.
__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,191
Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
He's talking bout down in Louisiana.
from what ive read the vegas pawn stars are pretty much giant dcks
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,989
Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Also Vegas guys don't have an ffl. No guns newer than 1890 I think.

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Pawn Stars Buys Missile guidance System NitroxAZ The Club House 10 03-16-2011 10:17 AM
Anyone Watch Pawn Stars?? Dillinger Curio & Relic Discussion 23 11-28-2010 07:09 AM
Lay off Cajun Jokes aslocumb The Club House 8 10-17-2008 06:03 PM
Pawn Shop Prices Einstein General Rifle Discussion 8 09-14-2007 07:10 PM