Cajun Pawn Stars
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Cajun Pawn Stars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Default Cajun Pawn Stars

Watched an episode last night. Customer brings in what I believe was a "replica" 1717 French musket.

The Cajuns gave him $750.00 for it!

I'm not a black powder guy but I know I could get a modern in line for $200 to $300 and could not believe the Pawn broker could be that inept so I googled 1717 French Musket Replica and found a site offering brand new ones for $499.00 US?

Are thes guys idiots or am I missing something?

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5688 Times on 2972 Posts
Likes Given: 378

its made for tv. pawn stars and cajun pawn stars often ask museums to bring in historical relics and then pretend the "customer" is trying to sell it.

99% of that is complete fake. its cool seeing some of the pieces they showcase but dont think that the circumstance of it walking in the door is anything but totally scripted

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

It's the same show that paid a guy $600 for a used Bushmaster "M4". Took it to the gun store, added a quad, ACOG, flashlight and vertical foregrip, and claimed they would sell it EASY for $2800.00

Methinks not.....

Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
its made for tv. pawn stars and cajun pawn stars often ask museums to bring in historical relics and then pretend the "customer" is trying to sell it.

99% of that is complete fake. its cool seeing some of the pieces they showcase but dont think that the circumstance of it walking in the door is anything but totally scripted
Well thanks for ruining one my favorite shows for me Jon I didnt like the cajun version anyway.

I will, however continue to watch the original show as if in blissful ignorance.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #5

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Reality TV my ass! Thanks John, now I have to stop giving my wife crap about watching the Kardashians!

Wait...no I don't.

Tack
Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I was explaining to my son last night about the "M4". For the dumb masses out there it probably meant nothing. They kept referencing M16 and the M4 civilian model that this guy had when it is commonly called a M4gery because it is only semi auto and not select fire. They were also throwing around the term assault rifle, which irked me a little. We don't need that when they are supposed to know what they are dealing with.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 02-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
KAB

Default Cracks me up

I always love it when the Las Vegas Pawn guys , CALL in an expert to see if something is real or not , shake the pawners/sellers hand , and tells them they can make them a deal if its real .
First off , I don't know a single crack head . But if I did , I don't think any of them would have the patience to wait around for some antique/museum curator to come look at thier stolen articles ? Hmmm .
I also wonder how many TAKES it took to blow up Chubby's half gallon of explosive with the Sharps Carbine at 100 yards he bought from the Gattlin Gun guy , LOL..
I must say I do watch this crud from time to time just to see the guns .
I DO NOT watch the Kard-TRASHIANS though .

Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7146 Times on 4302 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB View Post
I also wonder how many TAKES it took to blow up Chubby's half gallon of explosive with the Sharps Carbine at 100 yards he bought from the Gattlin Gun guy , LOL..
I saw that episode, too. And I have shot a Sharps. Stalkingbear has one down in Kentucky and he brought it to the range. I shot it a couple times but it really kicked and hurt my shoulder. But then again, I'm a wuss when it comes to long guns.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

It took one take. They shot a blank charge and then set the kaboom off with a switch.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Well thanks for ruining one my favorite shows for me Jon I didnt like the cajun version anyway.

I will, however continue to watch the original show as if in blissful ignorance.
Lol anytime. I still watch it, its entertaining watching morons. Dunno why but it fascinates me.