Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Blackpowder & Musket (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Cajun Pawn Stars (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/cajun-pawn-stars-57229/)

Tackleberry1 02-07-2012 08:52 PM

Cajun Pawn Stars

Watched an episode last night. Customer brings in what I believe was a "replica" 1717 French musket.

The Cajuns gave him $750.00 for it!:eek:

I'm not a black powder guy but I know I could get a modern in line for $200 to $300 and could not believe the Pawn broker could be that inept so I googled 1717 French Musket Replica and found a site offering brand new ones for $499.00 US?

Are thes guys idiots or am I missing something?

Tack

JonM 02-07-2012 08:57 PM

its made for tv. pawn stars and cajun pawn stars often ask museums to bring in historical relics and then pretend the "customer" is trying to sell it.

99% of that is complete fake. its cool seeing some of the pieces they showcase but dont think that the circumstance of it walking in the door is anything but totally scripted

Chandler51 02-07-2012 09:03 PM

It's the same show that paid a guy $600 for a used Bushmaster "M4". Took it to the gun store, added a quad, ACOG, flashlight and vertical foregrip, and claimed they would sell it EASY for $2800.00

Methinks not.....

Cattledog 02-07-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 702079)
its made for tv. pawn stars and cajun pawn stars often ask museums to bring in historical relics and then pretend the "customer" is trying to sell it.

99% of that is complete fake. its cool seeing some of the pieces they showcase but dont think that the circumstance of it walking in the door is anything but totally scripted

Well thanks for ruining one my favorite shows for me Jon:mad: I didnt like the cajun version anyway.

I will, however continue to watch the original show as if in blissful ignorance.

Tackleberry1 02-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 702079)

Reality TV my ass! Thanks John, now I have to stop giving my wife crap about watching the Kardashians!

Wait...no I don't.

Tack

fireguy 02-07-2012 09:36 PM

I was explaining to my son last night about the "M4". For the dumb masses out there it probably meant nothing. They kept referencing M16 and the M4 civilian model that this guy had when it is commonly called a M4gery because it is only semi auto and not select fire. They were also throwing around the term assault rifle, which irked me a little. We don't need that when they are supposed to know what they are dealing with.

KAB 02-08-2012 02:09 PM

Cracks me up

I always love it when the Las Vegas Pawn guys , CALL in an expert to see if something is real or not , shake the pawners/sellers hand , and tells them they can make them a deal if its real .
First off , I don't know a single crack head . But if I did , I don't think any of them would have the patience to wait around for some antique/museum curator to come look at thier stolen articles ? Hmmm .
I also wonder how many TAKES it took to blow up Chubby's half gallon of explosive with the Sharps Carbine at 100 yards he bought from the Gattlin Gun guy , LOL..
I must say I do watch this crud from time to time just to see the guns .
I DO NOT watch the Kard-TRASHIANS though . :eek::D

winds-of-change 02-08-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAB (Post 702741)
I also wonder how many TAKES it took to blow up Chubby's half gallon of explosive with the Sharps Carbine at 100 yards he bought from the Gattlin Gun guy , LOL..

I saw that episode, too. And I have shot a Sharps. Stalkingbear has one down in Kentucky and he brought it to the range. I shot it a couple times but it really kicked and hurt my shoulder. But then again, I'm a wuss when it comes to long guns. :D

JonM 02-08-2012 04:30 PM

It took one take. They shot a blank charge and then set the kaboom off with a switch.

JonM 02-08-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattledog (Post 702092)
Well thanks for ruining one my favorite shows for me Jon:mad: I didnt like the cajun version anyway.

I will, however continue to watch the original show as if in blissful ignorance.

Lol anytime. I still watch it, its entertaining watching morons. Dunno why but it fascinates me.