Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Buddy of mine wants to build a cannon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Now to shooting full cans of pop, beer or whatever liquid. I found the best way is to use a hole saw w/o the center bit in drill press to cut circles of 1/2 or 3/4 plywood the size of the boor and duct tape it to the bottom of the can. Then boom! Otherwise you just get spray of pop and inverted can out of barrel! Grin!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #32

Liked 168 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Here in Florida they have a few laws against toys of this type. I built a Spud Gun and on the first test firing I was confronted by a police office that was well informed on the use of such home made guns. No ticket but was advised I would get a ticket if I was caught using it and gun would be confiscated.

Reference:

Owning or using spud guns in Florida is illegal pursuant to Florida Statute 790.161 Making, possessing, throwing, projecting, placing, or discharging any destructive device or attempt so to do is a felony.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #33

Dude, sucks to live in FL THEN! It is a shame they don't go by ATF rules down there. ATF says both are NON-guns. IE not firearms or DD's.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #34

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Ok, I want a canon as well. But I want to shoot about a two inch projectile up in the sky and have it attached to a parachute so it could float back down to me. I don't know how to open the parachute at the top of the arch ???????????????? I would like the parachute to go about 1000 yards up.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #35

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Ok, I want a canon as well. But I want to shoot about a two inch projectile up in the sky and have it attached to a parachute so it could float back down to me. I don't know how to open the parachute at the top of the arch ???????????????? I would like the parachute to go about 1000 yards up.
I'd say without electronic deployment you'd have to use a fuse cut to an approximate length. I'd probably try a fuse that burns in a drilled tube through the projectile down to the powder & back up through another hole in he same projectile to the parachute deployment charge. Maybe you could duplicate a flare emitting projectile of approximate size, shape & weight to get a good average flight time to cut your fuse to.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 AM   #36

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I'd say without electronic deployment you'd have to use a fuse cut to an approximate length. I'd probably try a fuse that burns in a drilled tube through the projectile down to the powder & back up through another hole in he same projectile to the parachute deployment charge. Maybe you could duplicate a flare emitting projectile of approximate size, shape & weight to get a good average flight time to cut your fuse to.
I would like to do it good. If it needs to be electric then ok. the fuse would never be accurate.