Assorted BP Pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Assorted BP Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Assorted BP Pistols

These are the majority of my collection from 29+ years. All except for the 1st, 2nd, & 4th revolvers from the top were kits. Of the long guns, the T/C New Englander in the middle was not a kit. All of these guns, rifles & pistols, shoot accurately and would rival any centerfire gun in lethality, the rifles up to 150yds, and the .36 and .45 cal. pistols from 25 - 50 yds., particularly the top most revolver which is the Ruger Old Army, while not a true replica, it is built on a BlackHawk frame, has adjustable target sights, and is the strongest BP revolver ever made. All the other revolvers are .36 cal. Colt replica's except for the 3rd, which is a Confederate Spiller & Burr brass frame, and the small spur triggered Pocket Remington on the bottom. which is a .32. The most expensive guns were the Ruger Old Army which cost me $125 in 1986 and the Colt 1861 Navy which my Dad bought me at a Florida gun shop for $120 in 1984. Today the Ruger will run as high as a new Blackhawk and the Colt 1861 will fetch over $300. The bottom rifle cost me $75 in kit form at Service Merchandise in 1988 and was my primary deer rifle for the 10 years that I lived in a "shotgun only" county. It will hit a beer can at 100 yds. with a 325 gr. conical bullet all day long. The top rifle is also a CVA Mountain Rifle kit in .58 cal. and throws a 585gr. conical bullet at over 1800fps..

blackpowder.jpg   muzzle2.jpg  
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-13-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #2

Nice collection of smoke wagons !

An 1858 remington (cabelas) just arrived at my house yesterday. I'm still waitin for my Lyman GPR to arrive. I have a walker and 1860 army I bought in the early '80s from EMF. They're imports but it's been so long, I don't recall from where. Now I got my eye on a Uberti 3rd model dragoon (next).

Just have to wait till the weather cools off a bit to go shootin'........markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #3

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Nice guns RL. Most of my pistols, smokeless and bp were stolen by my son in law and not recovered yet. Prolly never will be. I had some originals once upon a time but sold them to fund other guns. All I have now as far as pistols are these.

This one is an old Rigarmi-Remington Beals I bought new when I was 12 and believe me it has been through more chit than an original war gun. I recently defarbed it and antiqued it. Guess it wasn't good enough for my sil.

I have this CVA Colonial pistol I bought as a kit back in the late 70's and never finished. I messed up the hammer and lock. I recently bought a new lock but still haven't finished it. It won't ever look good as my inletting skills then were even worse than they are now.

I've got an old twister like yours but the grips are made out of an old mouse trap and show my lack of wood working skills even further but I can't remember where the pic of it is so you'll just have to take my word on it.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #4

In rifles I have a repro .58 Enfield and an original Tower .577 Enfield.

I also have a period correct Hawken. .54

Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #5

Found the pic of the twister. It had been in my moms attic for a long time and got a lil rusty. The frame was never blued. That's the way the factory builds came.

Almost forgot I've got this original 1840ish Ancion SXS 12 gauge. I need to take some better pics of it.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Nice Hawg. This is not the first time you mentioned your sil stealing the guns. You do have the law on him, do you not? I hope so.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #7

His name is on the police report as a suspect. It's one of those deals where I know it was him but can't prove it. It's a long story.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
Nice collection of smoke wagons !

An 1858 remington (cabelas) just arrived at my house yesterday. I'm still waitin for my Lyman GPR to arrive. I have a walker and 1860 army I bought in the early '80s from EMF. They're imports but it's been so long, I don't recall from where. Now I got my eye on a Uberti 3rd model dragoon (next).

Just have to wait till the weather cools off a bit to go shootin'........markerdown

Cool deal Marker! One gun I ALWAYS wanted was a Walker. If it mis-fires all you have to do is wield it like a club!
I always wanted the GPR or Trade Rifle also - For many years Lyman and T/C made the highest quality non-replica rifles on the planet!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
Nice guns RL. Most of my pistols, smokeless and bp were stolen by my son in law and not recovered yet. Prolly never will be. I had some originals once upon a time but sold them to fund other guns. All I have now as far as pistols are these.

I have this CVA Colonial pistol I bought as a kit back in the late 70's and never finished. I messed up the hammer and lock. I recently bought a new lock but still haven't finished it. It won't ever look good as my inletting skills then were even worse than they are now.
Thanks Hawg - I love those Remingtons - I am tempted to get one from MidSouth Shooters Supply. They have the 1858 in stainless but it costs $406!! The brass framed is still over $200! I remember seeing that Colonial pistol of yours years ago in Caldors - I kick myself in the arse for not buying it. Nobody sells it anymore! That Enfield is worth a nice piece of change! I don't own any period correct military long arms, but if I did, that would be the one! I LOVE that Ancion shotgun too. Is it in shootable condition? At one time 12 gauge barrels were available for my T/C New Englander, but I procrastinated, and now they don't sell the barrels or even the gun anymore! Hind sight....
Something about the approach of the fall season that stirs my interest in muzzleloading every year.

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-14-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #10

I think I gave 39.00 for that colonial kit at Otascos.
Yeah the Ancion is very shootable. It's had some work done on it in the past and could use a little now but it's in pretty good shape for it's age.